VIVO, a 50:50 joint venture between Serco and EQUANS, has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
VIVO embodies both experience and innovation. It combines Serco's comprehensive track record delivering engineering, technical and FM services to the UK MOD for over 55 years with EQUANS' market leading FM, energy, asset optimisation and regeneration capabilities.
Location: Mobile/Regional (Covering Plymouth Area)
Term: Full Time/Permanent
Salary: £42,000 - £44,500 + Use of Company Vehicle
The key purpose of this role is to act as the point of contact for any Gas related technical queries in their designated area.
A GRP Gas Responsible Person is a person who has been deemed competent by the GSM and appointed by the MMO to undertake the practical implementation of the GSMP for the gas networks within a defined area of appointment. The GRPs implement the GSMP at site level and are responsible for the control of activities through the issue of Safety Documentation as appropriate.
- Accept responsibility for the practical implementation and operation of Gas Safety in area of responsibility.
- Ensure as far as reasonably practical that all persons within the establishment(s) observe the requirements of the Gas Safety Case.
- Support the effective and timely delivery of statutory, mandatory and reactive maintenance and Additional Services.
- Provide professional and technical support, and advice, where required to maintenance teams, DIO and end users.
- Support the Help Desk in responding to requests for professional and technical advice.
- Ensure compliance and adherence with Health and Safety, sustainability and fire procedures.
- Keep and maintain the Gas Safety Management Plans.
- Provide support and where directed, manage gas projects providing technical input and producing Scopes of Work as required.
- Maintain training, familiarisation, and knowledge across all sites within the Service Delivery Area.
- If appointed within an establishment containing a hazardous area, actively communicate and co-operate with the hazardous area manager.
- Assess the competence of Gas Skilled Persons for appointment and review experience and performance before re-appointment, and at other times as necessary. Ensure skilled persons are aware of any restrictions related to their work. Where necessary, suspend the appointment of Skilled Persons.
- Produce risk Assessments, method statements and where necessary safety programmes and Gas Permits to Work to a high quality.
- Attend and contribute to risk meetings. Review risk registers and follow maintenance and management processes.
- Reduce the number of corrective actions (CARs) raised and close existing CARs within agreed timescales.
- Liaise with DIO SME, Gas Suppliers, end users and other stakeholders to provide advice and support.
- Liaise closely with the Gas Safety manager, seeking guidance as necessary.
- Liaise closely with the Principal Operations Manager and Built Estate Manager for continued compliance throughout the Service Delivery Area.
- Maintain a positive environment in which Skilled Persons and other team members engage and follow in the requirements of the Gas safety Case.
- Co-ordinate action with Authorised Persons, Project Managers and Operations Managers.
- Maintain records within personal logbook for site attendance and activities undertaken.
- Submit RP certification to GSM for assessment, at required intervals.
- Arrange appropriate training for Skilled Persons.
- Instruct persons required to operate equipment which is under the control of the Responsible Person Gas.
- Notify the Principal Operations Manager and Built Estate Manager of any defects on equipment or systems.
Skills You'll Need:
- Familiarity or experience in management of Gas Safe Systems of Work.
- Experience working with gas distribution networks.
- Experience working with gas utilisation installations both commercial and domestic.
- Experience working with LPG in both domestic and commercial installations.
- Training in Safe Control of Operations, SHEA Gas and Escape Locate and Repair works.
- Management Experience in an operational environment.
- Experience in gas compliance for utilisation and distribution.
- Working knowledge of CDM regulations.
- Familiarity with geography and establishments within area of responsibility.
- Experience of operating in an MOD environment.
VIVO Defence Services
The role you have applied for is with VIVO Defence Services, a joint venture between Serco and EQUANS. By applying for this role, please be aware that information contained within your CV may be shared between VIVO Defence Services, Serco and EQUANS during the recruitment process.
At VIVO, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. Therefore, we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool.
We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working and operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Employer. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. If candidates wish to request extra time to apply then they should contact 0345 010 4000 and ask to speak to a VIVO Recruiter.