VIVO, a 50:50 joint venture between Serco and EQUANS, has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
VIVO embodies both experience and innovation. It combines Serco's comprehensive track record delivering engineering, technical and FM services to the UK MOD for over 55 years with EQUANS' market leading FM, energy, asset optimisation and regeneration capabilities.
Location: Aldershot, GU11 2BE
Permanent, Full Time
We are seeking a Gas Safety Manager to implement, administer, monitor and audit the application of the safe system of work as defined by the Gas Safety Case for the nominated disciplines.
- Provide a positive environment in which RPs and other team members follow the requirements of the Gas Safety Case
- Advise the Management Board in righting of any deficiencies in the Safe Systems of Work, which could prevent the Estate from being maintained in a safe condition
- Advise to MMO management and the local client on professional matters in the discipline
- Contribute to DIO project teams on matters related to existing installations and their interaction with new works
- Audit the implementation of Gas Safety in the nominated disciplines
- Ensure that all RP's are issued with any relevant MOD Health and Safety Warning Notices, Technical Bulletins or revisions to the Gas Safety Case, which affect them.
- Submit to DIO for assessment and GSM certification at intervals as required by DIO
- Interview and assess RP's before appointment. Ensure site familiarity in accordance with the requirements of Gas Safety Case
- Issue to each RP a Certificate of Appointment detailing the scope of the appointment.
- Maintain a register of all RPs with their training records and areas of responsibility
- Maintain records within personal log book of site attendance and activities undertaken
- Comply with all Health and Safety and Sustainability Policies and Procedures pertaining to your job role.
- Consistently demonstrate the Company Values
- Define the exact extent of the systems and installations for which Responsible Persons (RP) are responsible
- To support the RPs in meeting the requirements of the Gas Safety Case
- Assess the competence of RPs for initial and continuing appointment
- To audit and review each RPs operational experience at six-monthly intervals before re-appointment and at other times as necessary. Issue audits summary reports and action plans.
- Ensure RPs are aware of any amendments to the Gas Safety Case and any safety notices related to their work
- Maintain Skilled Person Register and ensure Work In Progress audits are completed
- To notify our client of any defects, operational restrictions and RIDDORS
- Manage P1 incidents, maintain a tracker and support the RP`s on closure of these incidents.
- CCN1, CENWAT, CKR1, HTR1 Gas Safe Registered.
- Previous experience in a management or supervisor role
- Will need to work towards I Eng or C Eng to fulfil the role
- Full UK driving licence
Please note, you must be able to pass SC Clearance to be considered for this role.
VIVO Defence Services
The role you have applied for is with VIVO Defence Services, a joint venture between Serco and EQUANS. By applying for this role, please be aware that information contained within your CV may be shared between VIVO Defence Services, Serco and EQUANS during the recruitment process.
At VIVO, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. Therefore, we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool.
We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working and operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Employer. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. If candidates wish to request extra time to apply then they should contact 0345 010 4000 and ask to speak to a VIVO Recruiter.