General Operator - (Soldering and Wiring)
Our client is a world leader in missiles and missile systems, a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States.
With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, our client is Europe's leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for their world-class technology base
Their work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards Please note that in order to apply for our client's UK opportunities, you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
The Semi-Skilled Assembler will be responsible for carrying out manufacturing tasks within the operations department, in accordance with product certification procedures, defined workmanship standards, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project objectives.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Certify the product in line with the product certification procedure.
* Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits.
* Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks.
* Be fully conversant with all equipment, tools and measuring instruments associated with the manufacturing cycle.
* Ensure manufacturing build times are met.
* Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack.
* Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality.
* Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
* Maintain a safe working environment.
* Maintain a good housekeeping policy.
* Communicate best practice to other team members. The successful candidate should be a team player who is able to demonstrate customer focus. They should also have proven planning and organising skills and be flexible and adaptable.
Requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
* Experience in electrical / mechanical manufacturing environments.
* Experience in working to and understanding manufacturing documentation.
* Hands on experience (soldering, crimping, mechanical assembly, etc.)
* Working in line with health and safety regulations.
* Flexible operator willing to work overtime and shift patterns.
* IPC certified / training preferred.
* Previous experience within the aerospace or defence industry.
* ESD training will be provided. Medical requirements
* No colour blindness Health surveillance requirements
* Colophony health surveillance
You would be expected to work a 37 hour week at an hourly rate of £13.90 PAYE, which will increase to £14.90 after the 12th week of employment. The length of contract is initially for 6 months.
If you would like to pursue the role, don't hesitate to apply within.