This is a goods in-inspection role in which the successful candidate will -
- Follow processes and procedures to optimize efficiency of working in Space business line and secure readiness of Supply Chain Operations for new satellite platforms for Telecoms and ENS
- Verify product conformity by executing the defined quality inspection plan
- Secure material flow in terms of On Quality Delivery in close collaboration with rest of procurement and supply chain stakeholders.
The quality operation is becoming increasingly digitalised so strong computer literacy skills will be needed by the post holder
UK Head of Supplier Management
- Work with necessary quality inspection plans in close collaboration with Supply Chain and Quality Managers (SCQM) and in alignment with stakeholders (Engineering, Product Assurance, Production etc.)
- Perform all defined quality inspections operations up to the product delivery (including raw material, mechanisms, and standard parts)
- Red flag all the deviations occurring on product, equipment and jigs & tools
- Carry out at operational level investigations on any issues, propose and perform containment actions in collaboration with supplier.
- Inform corresponding SCQM and support root cause analysis, corrective & preventive actions and improvements
- Participate to team boards and PPS (Practical Problem Solving) board at shop floor and operational level, guide and advise operators to take into account any quality aspects
- Attest conformity of the product with regard to the approved design (e.g. certifying staff)
- Confirm process coherence by steering the concession/waiver signature flow and signing the concession to ensure material availability
- Secure implementation of robust On Quality monitoring system and development of containment actions with suppliers
Previous experience as a goods in Quality inspector from below industries.
Use SAP beneficial
From target industries such as -
High Tech Manufacturing
Monday to Friday days
Occasional travel to other UK sites
Probable extension after initial contract duration
Base of Work
This role will be working on site full time - free parking is provided for this role in a local car park approximately fifteen minutes' walk from site
Reason for vacancy
One stage interview - virtual
Guidant Global (Airbus) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Do you agree to our terms & conditions & privacy statement?
Receive updates & notifications from Ex-MilitaryCareers.com