At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Here at Serco we have a fantastic opportunity within our Legal team for a Head Business Compliance Ethics & Investigations in the UK&E division who will provide leadership and expertise to enable successful outcomes in relation to investigations, and drive strategic & proactive leadership on compliance and business conduct & ethics matters whilst also ensuring the development, continuous improvement and embedding of policies, processes and ways of working which enable and promote regulatory compliance and ethical business conduct across the division.
This role will report into the Chief Legal Counsel and is a key leadership role within the team. You will lead, develop, and motivate a small team of compliance and business conduct & ethics and investigation professionals and help nurture talent, capabilities and opportunities for the team. The role is broad in nature, and you will proactively identify and ensure understanding of relevant legal, policy, regulatory and ethical requirements and provide ongoing assurance that the business is meeting those requirements in a collaborative, constructive fashion. You will also be responsible for providing legal instruction, oversight and guidance in relation to internal and external corporate investigations into significant regulatory and business conduct matters within the UK&E division.
What you'll need to do the job
- You will be a UK qualified lawyer / solicitor
- Qualified and experienced investigations and compliance counsel with relevant professional qualifications Relevant investigation experience as a senior/lead investigator
- Demonstrable experience of leading on the development and delivery of successful compliance and business conduct & ethics programmes in a large and complex organisation
- Deep knowledge of key applicable UK laws and regulations with any experience of working in key European jurisdictions advantageous
- Ability to think strategically and balance strategic and short term priorities and objectives
- Persuasive, concise and clear verbal and written communicator
- Excellent planning and organisation skills to manage multiples streams of work simultaneously
What you will receive in return
- A competitive six figure salary
- Bonus of up to 30%
- Car allowance or company car
- A range of Serco benefits
- Private medical for you and a partner