Head of flight test team and leading flight test preparation, approval and execution.
Working to the airworthiness plan and requirements of the relevant approval authority to plan
and ensure the safe and successful execution of UAV flight trials both for internal R&D and in support of
3rd party demonstrations.
* General flight operations and support tasks
* Delivery of safe flight operations in line with business and customer requirements.
* Identification, agreement and securing regulatory approval of UK and overseas flight tests.
* Formation of Prismatic flight operations plans and procedures simplifying future approvals for
flight operations within restricted, controlled and uncontrolled airspace.
* Assist in the review and approval flight operations for sites worldwide.
* Identification of Flight team requirements including Pilot in Charge (PIC) and ensuring
identification, training and approval of Prismatic staff in these roles.
* Support to customers and key stakeholders in the planning and practical execution of the PHASA-
35 high altitude tests.
* Planning, execution and reporting of R&D flight trials of the Prismatic suite of UAVs.
Essential Skills and Experience
* Previous Flight Operations experience.
* Ability to manage a team.
* ICAO Private Pilot's Licence or better.
* Experience with working with civil, military or range approval authorities and Aviation Rules and Regulations including international Unmanned Systems Regulations.
* Civilian Drone Licence or previous drone experience.
* FAA Part 107 License, or ability to obtain one.
* Ability to communicate clearly even under high pressure situations and a demonstrable ability to make and implement complex risk-based decisions under pressure.
* Ability to travel and be deployed on projects internationally.
* Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills to be able to work with stakeholders at all levels, both military and civilian.
* Understanding of Flight planning, meteorology, system preparation and airspace management.
* Working within a development environment.