HEAD OF HERITAGE LEARNING (3 year fixed-term contract) £24,000 £26,000
Carlisle Cathedral is in an exciting period of change.
Our £3.5 million partner funded NLHF project to bring our Grade 1 Fratry building to life will deliver a new, dedicated learning space, a caf?? with excellent food and beautiful views, and a Fratry Hall with stunning interpretation. We are mid-way through the build, and on schedule to complete this December.
A key output of the work is the delivery of a vibrant, compelling and lively learning offer to schools, families, universities, local communities, interest groups and the 150,000 visitors we welcome each year. This is a new, full-time post and we seek an experienced learning professional eager to make a significant difference to the Cathedrals life and to establish it as a must-see attraction with an unmissable learning offer.
We are looking for a Head of Heritage Learning to:
* Deliver a significantly scaled-up learning offer to English and Scottish schools, university students, families, adults, and a wide range of community groups
* Drive and deliver a sustainable increase in the numbers of people from our identified target audiences who take part in learning activities
* Accurately manage the budget for these activities, meeting income targets
* Develop and implement a plan to evaluate the impact and success of learning offers
* Research external funding opportunities and contribute to bids to fund learning activity beyond the life of this post
Please note: CV's (Curriculum Vitae's) will not be considered.
The deadline for receipt of completed applications is 12 noon on Monday 24th June 2019.
Interviews will be held on Thursday, 4th July 2019 at Carlisle Cathedral.
How to apply
Click the Apply button (below) to email Ruth to request an Application pack.