Head of Projects
Great Western Hospital- Wiltshire, SN3 6BB
Permanent, Full Time (37.5 hours per week) (Monday- Friday 0800-1630)
Circa £50,000 per annum plus benefits
Serco are recruiting for a Head of Projects to join the team based at Great Western Hospital.
Serco is responsible under the PFI contract for delivering planned, reactive and variation projects to The Hospital Company and Trust. This role is required to lead and co-ordinate all the project requirements for the GWH Swindon contracts on-site for Serco. This role will report to the Head of Estates for Serco who is part of the Senior Management Team reporting to the Contract Director. It will sit alongside the key operational areas of the business in Hard and Soft FM services and will work closely with those teams daily.
- Manage a portfolio of initiatives and projects for Client; Hospital Trust & Serco of varying complexity
- Manage the Lifecycle Works and deliverables for the FM Contract
- review of Concession co (THC - Client) Lifecycle plans; provision of FM Co Asset Registers complete with life expectancies; estimates of cost of Lifecycle Works, identification & challenge to Concession co Lifecycle plans and preparation of the Annual Programme
- Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Full project ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation through to hand-over and full recovery of costs
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and hand-over management activities.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organisation
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
- Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management team meetings
- Monitor staff performance and complete performance reviews
- Manage project scope and changes with a documented approval change management/variation process
- Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders
- Act as an internal quality control check for the project and manage ongoing quality control and participate in quality issue resolution
- Assist in dispute, negotiation, arbitration, or litigation, as needed
- Define the Statement of Work and Specifications for the requested goods and services. Support formal/informal schedules to manage the engagement contract
- Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues
- Set and continually manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverable with team members and stakeholders
- Monitor, track, and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including Senior Management, project team, client, and hospital Trust
- Delivery of lifecycle programme each year.
- Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders
What you'll need to do the role
- A Degree / Diploma or Building Services Engineering or higher in either Mechanical, Electrical or Building Engineering.
- Project Management skills and working knowledge of Building Engineering Services projects with a Contractor.
- Excellent organisational and communications skills.
- A proven track record in successfully managing a Project Management
What we offer
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Simply Health Plans, and more.
- Access to a huge range of discounts and exclusive deals such as Merlin Attractions, Mobile Phone discounts, Cinema discounts, Leisure, and Hospitality discounts.
- A fantastic culture and supportive team where you'll get the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- Company discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Interesting and enjoyable work.
- Committed to professional and personal development with a wide range of training and coaching opportunities to expand your capabilities.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly Disability Confident Leader employers and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the 'Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.