Head of Safety
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The Head of Safety's (HoS) role is required to investigate all Air Navigation Services (ANS) related incidents at Sharjah Airport and to implement measures to avoid incidents and accidents at Sharjah.
In addition, ensure that a robust Safety Management System is maintained in Sharjah ANS. The overriding goal of the Head of Safety is to engender a safe and just culture at Sharjah ANS and to encourage this approach to safety incidents.
- To manage all Safety Management System functions in Sharjah ANS, such as the completion of Risk Assessments prior to implementation of new procedures and systems, and the reporting of identified hazards and their rectification and closure.
- To drive the maintenance and development of the Aviation Safety Management Systems and to advise Sharjah DCA on this matter
- To review the overall performance of Sharjah, specifically by monitoring the performance of Sharjah in relation to its identified target levels of safety
- To act as the Safety Contact for all Sharjah Operational ANS staff and advise all Operational ANS staff on the ASMS and their roles and responsibilities and interaction with the ASMS;
- To manage the representation of Sharjah ANS Safety Function and any external safety initiatives such as Runway Safety Team;
- Development and implementation of the Safety Program for Sharjah ANS and implementation of a Compliance Programme aligned to Sharjah operational needs
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Ability to achieve excellent standards of customer service, quality and attention to detail, supporting the growth of the airport and the increasing complexity a larger airport will bring;
- Possess excellent communication skills and a proactive approach to all work requirements and a team centred ethos;
- Always have a confident and professional approach that enables effective resolution of conflicts and delivery of relevant solutions;
- Comprehensive knowledge of aviation safety and quality management systems.
- Experience in building strong relationships and positively influencing clients;
- Conversant with the requirements of all current relevant legislation
- Validated aerodrome rating at an international airport
- Operational and Managerial regional experience in ANSP
- Experience in the implementation and maintenance of a standards and compliance programme
- Experience at Sharjah Airport will be an asset
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.