Salary - £35,000
Working Hours - 37.5 hours per week - 8am - 5pm Monday - Thursday and 8am - 2.30pm Friday
Drive the business on H&S policy, practice and improvement. Supporting the implementation and control of H&S systems across the business, raising awareness and promoting best practice.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To advise the Company on all H&S matters, ensuring that management of H&S within the Company is in accordance with legislative and best practice.
- Develop business H&S strategies and annual objectives.
- Ensure any legislation updates are proactively communicated out to the business at all levels
- Drive business managers to implement and lead H&S practice within their teams
- Carry out audits on H&S processes and procedures, reporting findings, promoting business improvements and leading change across the teams
- To co-ordinate and promote H&S activities and initiatives.
- Support company medical surveillance and employee well being practices.
- Liaising with department trainers and managers on new starter inductions
- Initiate and support H&S training plans for groups and departments.
- To promote and engage with employees on their awareness, ownership and responsibility of H&S
- To lead H&S representative and committee meetings, promoting the importance across the business.
- Encourage representatives in their department actions and promote their accountability.
- To ensure the Company accident/incident recording and management systems remain up to date and fit for purpose.
- Maintain accurate records of Company incidents ensuring all necessary incidents are reported in line with legislative requirements.
- Ensure that all incidents are investigated thoroughly and timely, ensuring preventative action is addressed and implemented.
- Ensure that all departments follow through on their risk assessments requirements
- Liaise with external insurance/broker/legal bodies in response to employer liability actions.
- Assist in BSI quality management, liaising with Compliance Manager.
- To maintain a flexible, enthusiastic and involved approach to Company matters and personnel at all times.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement methodology and constructive feedback, both individually and Company wide.
- Ensure the Company SPIRIT values are communicated, promoted and upheld within team environment, both internally and externally.
- To maintain a working knowledge of Company policies and procedures.
- To represent the Company in a professional manner at all times.
Qualifications and Skills
- NEBOSH National General Certificate or equivalent
- H&S experience in Manufacturing or similar industry
- Knowledge of legal/working requirements of UK H&S at Work
- Auditing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Drive and determination
- Ability to influence and challenge at all levels
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Healthcare scheme
- Ongoing training and development
- Sociable and friendly office
- Awards night, golf days, social events