Great Western Hospital, Swindon, SN3 6BB
Part Time, Permanent (37.5hrs per week)
Night Shift (4 on 4 off: 21.30pm- 06.30am)
Rate of Pay: £10.42 per hour basic
Monday to Friday (Between 20:00 - 06:00) £14.96 Per Hour
Saturdays - £14.69 per hour
Sundays/Bank Holidays - £19.06 Per Hour
- Connect and transfer internal and external calls in accordance with the criteria in the service specification.
- To operate the Bleep system and emergency phone system to ensure that all emergency teams and Major Incidents are actioned according to current Trust and operational policies and procedures.
- Follow the Trust's procedures for replacing faulty and lost bleeps both in and out of hours.
- Ensure complete understanding of the Major Incident Plan to be able to respond in line with current processes and procedures.
- Manage the emergency systems and alarms (Fire and BMS) to ensure that in the event of an alarm the appropriate teams are notified to take corrective action
- Maintain the On-call listing for Doctors and key staff as notified by the Trust
- Ensure that the information gained through the performance of the role is treated in strictest confidence in line with current company, Trust and legal requirements.
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of admin systems issued by Trust I.T that positively contribute to the effective and efficient management of information and records.
- To be responsible for your Workstation and the general housekeeping of your working environment.
- To train new staff in all the above as and when required
- Cover Helpdesk duties as follows
- Receive and process face to face requests to ensure the timely and effective completion of work in accordance with the service level specification.
- Ensure that the relevant information is logged into the CARPS database to enable the accurate transfer of information to the appropriate department. Provide the department with a task number.
- Follow Helpdesk procedures and ensure they are regularly maintained for any new procedures or amendments to existing procedures.
- Responsible for the production, issue and receipt of Keri Security access badges within a 24-hour timeframe.
- To process all car parking intercom queries and log any faults with the barriers/machines.
- Ensure all know locum doctors are given the relevant information required to them as requested by the Trust before they start their duties.
- Ensuring Contractors/visitors sign in correctly with relevant paperwork.
What you'll need to do the role
- GCSE standard or equivalent standard of general education, Maths and English to GCSE level
- Desirable use of a switchboard system or call centre
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate (Microsoft office)
- Customer focussed
- High degree of attention to detail
- Ability to function in a pressurised environment
- Able to manage competing priorities
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A motivated self-starter with commitment and enthusiasm
- Flexible, reliable and able to work rotary shifts as required to meet the business needs.
- Must live within an acceptable travelling time of the Hospital.
What we offer
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme.
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- The chance to make a positive difference to the wider public.
- Interesting, varied and enjoyable work.
- A company that recognises your contribution.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly Disability Confident Leader employers and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the 'Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.