Highways Operatives required!
We are looking for Operatives to join our highways team in Yeovil. Our Highways team keep communities moving. Join them to help construct and maintain roads in a role that's ideal for anyone that enjoys manual outdoor work and is willing to pitch in and support winter and emergency maintenance out of hours activities on a standby rota.
You'll be responsible for:
- Work on Highways furniture, equipment and similar fixtures (e.g. Pothole repairs, Excavation, Erection, maintenance, fixing and/or dismantling)
- Drive all of the plant and equipment necessary for the required disciplines for maintenance and drainage on Highways and Network
- Take responsibility for vehicles/plant/materials in your charge
- Where appropriate provide direction/supervision of the work to less experienced operatives
- Undertake out of hours winter maintenance and emergency works
- A clean driving License
- A commitment to Health and Safety
- Good communication skills and basic literacy and numeracy
- Ability to undertake a high level of manual work and work outdoors in all weathers - you will be required to assist in Winter Maintenance duties
- New Roads and Street Works (NRSWA) Operative Accreditation
- LGV Class C driving license OR demonstrate capability
In return our client can offer:
- Long term stable work.
- The chance to progress in traffic management / highways.
- Additional training and development included new tickets / qualifications
- Paid time off
- Overtime available