Svella Asset Services provides asset management, control and rental services of core and specialist vehicles and core and specialist equipment to its sister company, Svella Connect, as well as external clients. The provision of these services allows Svella Connect to focus on its core business flows and growth plans. Svella Connect is a telecommunications contractor working with Virgin Media and Openreach to expand the national fibre network. With depots in Warrington, Leeds and Huthwaite, Nottinghamshire the business operates through these strategically placed offices covering the midlands and north of the country.
Our vision is to be the employer of choice in the industry by investing in long-term growth, introducing technology, innovation and developing efficient ways of working to ensure excellent service for our clients and their customers.
To be the frontline responder to all enquiries communicated into the hire desk team. To provide
excellent and differentiating customer service. To help make Svella Asset Services a great place to
The hire desk controller will be chiefly responsible for achieving new hires and managing our record
keeping to the highest standards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. To receive new hire requests from our customers. We need to then action the requests,
liaising with our back-office teams, VMUs, and if necessary external suppliers. The customer
must be regularly updated of progress and appraised throughout until delivery.
Hire Desk Controller
2. To receive off hire requests and see them through to final collection of the asset. This will
include keeping all parties fully informed throughout and fully updating our records upon off
3. To assist with management of the Svella company car scheme. This entails securing cars for
new starters or for individuals that choose to move to car allowance as well as trying to keep
as many individuals out of hired cars, and into lease cars, as possible. Collection of lease cars
being used by leavers will also be a priority.
4. To manage the Motor Insurance Database (MID). As the individuals in this role will be aware
of the on/off hires in the business, they will be best placed to ensure that the MID is fully kept
up to date with all the vehicles we have. The MID will also have to be kept updated when
assets are sold or purchased.
5. To offer initial fuel card control assistance and advice should a problem with the cards be
reported. Equally anytime a new vehicle is hired a card should be arranged for the vehicle and
the driver should be instructed on how to follow the fuel card process. All fuel card records
should be updated when we receive any knowledge of vehicle driver changes.
6. Planning the logistics of deliveries and collections for any new hires will be a key task.
Efficiently utilising the delivery vehicles and manpower that we have at our disposal we must
work with the VMU foreman to arrange for the timely deliveries and collections to meet our
7. Continually using inspHire and our other systems to maintain accurate and timely records.
Adding newly purchased assets as well as removing any that have been sold on. Seeing
through the whole asset purchase and disposal administration process.
8. Using our systems to report on utilisation figures, new hires, off hires, assets that are stood, all
to the General Manager so that strategic decisions can be made about our fleet and what we
look to purchase.
9. Creation of purchase orders where required for new hires
The job holder has a responsibility to carry his/her duties in an efficient and conscientious
The job holder will undertake appropriate operational, compliance, technical and commercial
awareness training relating to the role.
To interact with internal departments/suppliers/customers in pursuance of the stated duties
- Outstanding customer service skills, comfortable with communicating via telephone, face to
face and email.
- Possess excellent administration and organisational skills.
- Ability to adapt and facilitate dynamic situations.
- Experienced and competent with Microsoft Office programmes - Word, Excel etc.
- Previous experience within a hire desk, call centre or construction industries would be
desirable but is not essential.
- Previous experience with Hire software would be desirable but is not essential.
Pension 3% employee contribution/5% employer
25 days holiday plus statutory
Training and ongoing development
Health Care (Vitality)
All applications in writing, including full CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or please visit our candidate portal via our website https://www.svellaconnect.com/careers
At Svella, we are committed to creating inclusive opportunities for all our employees. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to reflect the communities in which we operate and serve, and the customers we support. Please do let us know should you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process.