Make a difference every day
We are a multinational organisation with a global team of 50,000 colleagues. In the Middle East we operate in the Transport, Defence & Advisory sectors, delivering services in Asset Management, Customer Experience, Fire & Rescue and Air Navigation Services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services to fulfil our purpose to impact a better future by "Bringing National Visions to Life".
We are looking to hire a HVAC Technician for one of our projects in Abu Dhabi. The key purpose of this role is to carry out allocated planned and reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and remedial repairs on building services particularly on HVAC (Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning) assets and associated controls and other equipment.
The ideal candidate should be able to carry out the planned and reactive maintenance on the HVAC services associated plant such as, district cooling network, heat exchangers, AHU's (Air Handling Unit), VAV's (Variable Air Volume), FCU's
This role will work closely with our Engineers at the prestigious Galleria project.
- Monitor, rectify and/or repair HVAC systems and services and ensure all operations, maintenance and repair actions are recorded and to update asset records on a daily basis.
- Assist in monitoring utilities for collation of consumption figures, and update records as required.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on all assets and equipment maintained for the safe and efficient performance of all duties.
- Carry out the planned and reactive maintenance on the HVAC services associated plant such as, district cooling network, heat exchangers, AHU's (Air Handling Unit), VAV's (Variable Air Volume), FCU's (Fan Coil Unit), circulating pumps, heating units, supply and exhaust fans and associated control equipment.
- Knowledge of Air-cooled, water-cooled chiller and cooling tower operation and maintenance.
- Minimum Three (3) years of experience with advance knowledge in HVAC air handling and air movement systems in a commercial buildings or other facilities management building services with engineering environment.
- Ideally a holder of Vocational training certificate and a full technical understanding of HVAC systems and associated equipment and controls.
- Technical and safety awareness with a clear understanding of electrical safety, permit to works, processes, procedures, use of power tools and associated test equipment.
- Proficient and able to demonstrate a complete understanding of HVAC planned maintenance and repair services.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks safely and efficiently
- Strong organisational skills
- Understanding of customer service requirement.
What's in it for you?
At Serco, our core values drive everything we do, and we believe in fairly compensating our colleagues for the value they bring to our organization. We are proud to offer a total reward package at Serco which includes:
- Competitive monthly pay and allowances that are commensurate with the role and industry standards
- Comprehensive medical insurance coverage and life insurance, so our employees can feel secure in their health and financial wellbeing
- We recognize the importance of work-life balance, which is why we offer competitive leave benefits that exceed industry standards
- We offer an annual airfare allowance to support our expat colleagues to stay in touch and visit their loved ones
- We pride ourselves on providing a supportive work environment where we foster a positive Safety-First culture
- We care deeply about our colleagues' wellbeing and offer access to wellbeing programs and platforms to support their physical, mental, and emotional health.
- As a global organization, we offer a vast array of career paths for our employees to choose from. The scale and breadth of our organization provides our colleagues with opportunities for growth and variety in their career path, both regionally and globally.
At Serco, we believe there is a place here for everyone. A place where you can bring your authentic self to work every day. Our workplace culture is one that embraces diversity and fosters equity, respect, and belonging for every individual. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and creating an inclusive environment that proudly celebrates the perspectives and backgrounds that each of our employees bring to work every day.
Join Serco and be part of a values-driven organization that invests in the development and well-being of its employees and offers a rewarding and fulfilling career.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.