- To convert requirements into hardware ensuring safety, legal and company specifications are followed and met
- Ensure quality and process robustness through continuous review and improvement of processes
REPORTING TO -
- Definition, design and supply of Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE) and tooling for the manufacture, test and delivery of satellite/spacecraft structures.
- Provision of estimates and schedules and thereafter the control of the design, structural analysis, supplier selection, manufacturing reviews and acceptance/qualification testing. .
- An awareness of safety issues associated with Mechanical Handling Equipment
- Creation of technical documents to ensure the manufacture, testing and safe usage of MGSE to company standards.
- To develop and build relationships both internally and externally and work as part of a team
- Actively seek to develop own learning and skills
- Ability to deliver multiple tasks to set time frames with minimal supervision
- Able to organise and manage own workload
- The ability to understand and use company systems and software
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written (internally and externally)
- Responsible for the delivery of MGSE and Tooling to project on Quality, Cost & Schedule.
- Suggest process improvements considering business benefits
- Takes responsibility for implementing improvements
- Awareness of the need to involve others as required
- Typically 2 year's relevant experience in a Manufacturing based design engineering role.
- Appreciation of Mechanical Ground Support Equipment & Tooling manufacturing techniques
- Creation of technical reports to cover the use and legislative impacts on all equipment
- Time served engineering apprenticeship or equivalent qualifications.
- Experienced in dealing with customers and suppliers
- A background in an engineering environment, preferably within the space sector
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experienced in technical documentation writing
- A good understanding of MGSE/tooling manufacture and design philosophies
- High Tech Manufacturing
Education & Training
Degree/HNC or equivalent in an Engineering related discipline or strong relevant experience
Monday to Friday days - occasional opportunity for extra hours mid-week
Occasional travel to other UK sites and supplier premises
Probable extension after initial contract duration
Base of Work
This role will be working on site full time - free parking is provided for this role in a local car park approximately fifteen minutes' walk from site
Reason for vacancy
One stage interview - virtual
Guidant Global (Airbus) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.