Industries Tutor - HMP Fosse Way
Leicestershire, LE18 4TN
Salary - Up to £31,000 Depending on experience
Permanent (Full-Time, 40 Hrs)
Here at Serco, we are looking for an Industrial Tutor to join our team at new Category C Prison, HMP Fosse Way.
The main aim of the role is to participate in the daily operations of the industries building and the workshops/classrooms therein. Facilitate high quality engaging sessions which develops the employability skills of prisoners. Alongside this, assist in coordinating the wider purposeful activity spaces across HMP Fosse Way, ensuring the right prisoners are engaging in the right activities, at the right time; as directed by their Resettlement Action Plan (RAP).
Some of the other responsibilities of the Industrial Tutor are as follows:
- Assist in the daily operational delivery within the Industrial workshop, ensuring sessions run smoothly and are filled with appropriate prisoners
- Plan and deliver Industrial Cleaning learning programmes that develops the knowledge, skills, and behaviours that prisoners need for employment within the establishment and upon release
- Prepare workshop sessions using a variety of teaching and assessment methods to include high quality learning materials, equipment, and resources to maximise productive and effective learning opportunities
- Drive a holistic purposeful activity strategy, maximising opportunities for prisoners to engage in work, education and training that will benefit their rehabilitation and the efficient running of the prison
- Monitor prisoner attendance in activities and report concerns to the Industries PA Manager
- Attend standardisation meetings as required to drive continuous improvement and enhance programme delivery
What you will need to do the role
- Experienced tutor/assessor with relevant qualifications; as a minimum a L3 Award in Education and Training
- Flexible approach to learning and using new skills, i.e delivering a range of different workshops
- An understanding of prisoner work and activities
- Strong communication skills
- Good IT, literacy, and numeracy skills
- Ability to develop, motivate and inspire learners throughout their programme of study
- Collaborative team worker
- Meaningful and vital work - We look after around 5,000 prisoners in our prisons and been in the business for 25 years, employ 2,000 colleagues in our 6 custodial contracts so you can guarantee you'll be delivering an essential service that touch people's lives.
- A world of opportunity - Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
- Great people - We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and pension contribution
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A safe and supportive culture
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Serco Benefits package