Job Title: Information Security Architect
Location: Fully Remote
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000 + bonus + benefits
Are you an experienced Information Security Architect looking for your next challenge? If so this could be the ideal opportunity for you. My client, a leading financial services business and a household name with an excellent reputation are currently investing heavily within their Information Security team. As part of this investment they are building out what will be a best practice Information Security team and are looking to hire an experienced Information Security Architect to join the team.
This is a central role in the Security team. Working with stakeholders across IT and the business you will help define the security architecture for the business, ensuring that the appropriate tools, people and processes are in place to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all applications, data and infrastructure.
The position will be fully remote post pandemic with a need to only attend their head office in Edinburgh once or twice every couple of months.
- Support the Head of Security Operations and Technology in developing the security architecture for the business including roadmaps, and implementation plans, and support the adoption of this across the organisation.
- Provide technical security advice and guidance to IT projects, ensuring that solution designs include effective and appropriate security measures.
- Research, evaluate and recommend information security related hardware and software solutions, including developing business cases for security investments.
- Assess the impact of business change on the IT security architecture and associated artefacts.
- Contribute to the security policies, procedures and standards for IT.
- Develop key performance indicators across the security function, report on progress and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Where business needs drive exceptions to policy, standards or good practice, work through potential options to mitigate and ensure any risks are clearly documented, understood and accepted.
- Develop and manage relationships with strategic third party Information Security suppliers, partners and industry forums.
- Ensure efficient and cost effective operation of applications security activities within agreed budgets.
Skills and Experience required
- Proven experience of working within a similar Information Security Architect position.
- Demonstrable experience in Information Security Architecture principles (eg SABSA, TOGAF, ZACHMAN) and Security Management (eg CISSP, CISM, or GIAC Certification).
- Excellent technical knowledge and design experience of a wide range of security technologies, such as network security appliances, identity and access management (IAM) systems, cryptography, SIEM, anti-malware solutions, automated policy compliance tools, and desktop security tools.
- Experience of designing and architecting Cloud Security solutions using technologies such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Proficiency in performing risk, business impact, control and vulnerability assessments.
- A sound understanding of British and International Security Standards (eg NIST, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002, CSC20) relevant UK and EU privacy legislation (especially Data Protection Act 1998 and EU GDPR) and the UK regulatory environment (eg ICO, FCA, PRA and CQC).
- Able to demonstrate a professional and credible image.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with the confidence and ability to operate effectively at all levels including Senior Management and external customers.
For more information or to apply please send a copy of your CV to (see below) or drop me a line