Integration and System Validation Engineer
Job Type: 6 month contract
An opportunity has arisen for an Integration and Systems Validation Engineer who would be keen to work onsite in Stevenage for an internationally renowned defence organisation who provide engineering support and capability to the armed forces.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Undertake Integration and System Validation Engineering duties.
- Undertake systems integration duties from a mechanical/ electrical perspective.
To be considered for this position you should possess the following skills/ experience:
- Experience with IBM Rational DOORS is essential
- An ability to understand the design of the System.
- Experience of systems integration (mechanical/electrical)
- Experience of systems integration (functional test activities)
- Experience/Knowledge associated with network analysis/fault finding.
- Windows/Linux command line operation experience
- Ability to configure Ethernet switches.
- Ability to undertake data analysis from trials.
- Able to work to tight timescales with changing priorities in a complex environment
- An ability to establish good working relationship within group and external stakeholders, and to broker agreements to deliver required results.
- An ability to work autonomously and report issues/ask for assistance as required,
- An ability to work within a fast moving programme that can change both design and priorities quickly.
- Ability to absorb and understand technical documentation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Motivated, self-starter, who can deliver to challenging timescales
- Familiarity with MS Office, IBM Rational DOORS, Python. Excel/VBA/MAcros and XLog
- Willing to travel to support off-site facilities.
- Relevant experience of complex weapon system integration, including trials with end user
Please Note: Due to the nature of this position you will be required to undergo Security Clearance
If you feel you have the right skills and experience please apply within.