Important: Due to the nature of the role, all candidates will need to be prepared to undertake DV clearance and therefore as a minimum be living in the UK 10 years.
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
Want to Join a business who's capabilities address the highest classification levels of High Grade and Type 1 National Security, across a growing and thriving sector?
A reputable business who, have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
Brand new site for 2023! Onsite Café, Free parking, Table Tennis and more!
Full range of company benefits, flexible working, training, development and clear career progression!
- Responsible for the full life cycle verification and validation activities required to formally evidence complex solutions as part of a system engineering approach.
- Create and maintain Systems V&V artefacts such as Strategies, Plans, Procedures, Matrices and Reports, to result in progressively assuring desired outcomes.
- Carry out Systems V&V activities in accordance with Systems V&V artefacts, so that internal, qualification and acceptance events are completed successfully.
- Responsible for knowledge transfer to System Engineers to support environmental testing (end to end process) at both internal and external events.
- Support the design, development and maintenance of supporting test equipment.
- Is responsible for all safety aspects relating to V&V events and facilities used by the project.
- Actively participates and is a key stakeholders at design reviews.
- Responsible for managing the use of any external V&V facilities/test houses, i.e. organising EMC and TEMPEST qualification, collaboratively develop test harnesses with test houses.
- Attains and maintains technical knowledge, attending applicable training courses
- Actively contributes to improving processes, tools and techniques that to increase the quality and efficiency of engineering.
- Provides specialist knowledge and support to the wider engineering team.
- Exemplifies, leads, mentors and coaches V&V to engineers and non-technical resources; sharing knowledge willingly and constructively.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security Aspects and Government regulations.
- Is flexible to travel within the UK to support external stakeholders, test houses and customers.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or have sufficient applicable defence industry experience.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering/V&V experience of solutions formed of Hardware, Software and Firmware components.
- Demonstrable experience of INCOSE/ISO 15288 Systems Engineering of complex solutions.
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous
- Can design special to type test equipment to meet the diverse requirements generated across multi-concurrent projects.
- Assesses tasks to define Basis of Estimate costing for bid and change processes.
- Actively reviews professional publications; champions Systems Engineering/V&V industry standards; active member and promotes related professional organisations.
For full information, please get in touch