Role: Investment Accountant
Rate: £400 - £500PD
Duration: 6 Months
Start Date: December start
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and posting of monthly journal postings for investment
- Group reporting
- Perform control account reconciliations.
- Submission of ad hoc regulatory returns (IPT, ONS).
- Working closely with the Investments team to produce monthly investment income analysis and reports to relevant Boards and Committees.
- Supporting Investment decisions at a Group level by bringing an understanding of the accounting implications.
- Preparation of year end statutory accounts and assistance with external audit.
- Provide additional general support and complete ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Qualified in a recognised accounting qualification.
- Ideally trained in an external audit firm or with internal audit experience
- Good knowledge of financial controls.
- Experience in accounting for investments under IFRS9 preferable.
- Financial services experience.
- Self-motivated, proactive with a can-do attitude towards work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.