IT Project Manager
Remote + travel
Package: Up to £60,000 + benefits
We aim to create an inclusive workplace in which everyone can thrive:
· We are a proud Disability Confident Leader and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard
· We have reduced our gender pay gap from 10.9% to 6.9% (in the last 12 months) and increased women in leadership roles from 21% to 32% (2018-2022)
· We have reduced our ethnicity data gap from 40% to 20%, and our disability data gap from 95% to 50% over the last 12 months
· We were recognised in May 2022 as one of only 3 companies (from 100) to achieve Tier 1 accreditation in the CCLA Mental Health Benchmark Report
As a business we advocate flexible working as we know that your time is valuable, both inside and outside of work. We also provide an extensive Employee Assistance Program to include online counselling, webinars, health check-ins and financial wellbeing assistance.
Careers in IT Services:
IT is at the heart of many of the vital services that Serco provide, from caring for vulnerable people, managing complex public services, to heavy rail and hospital operations. IT Services underpin Serco teams in many of the key public services we deliver in the UK, Europe and globally, making a difference to thousands of people every day.
The people in IT Services are passionate about what they do and are proud to make a positive difference to the services that Serco delivers. Working together with the shared goal of providing the best service for our customers, this is what drives the culture and mindset, this is the Serco value and that is why a career with us is so rewarding.
The IT Project Manager will be responsible for successfully delivering IT projects and work-packages, including supporting pre-sales, analysis, cross functional development and systems integration. The IT Project Manager owns the IT solution delivery and is ultimately responsible for the delivery of the cost, quality, and timely delivery of the IT solution. They will oversee all internal delivery teams as well as any external partners/suppliers delivering as part of the IT project / work-package.
- End to end project delivery including :- Working with Solution Architects on scoping and design stages, creation of PIDs and work packages and engaging with Service Acceptance / Delivery Managers to handover into service and support. This could entail managing multiple projects or work packages at the same time
- Ensure that IT deliverables are to the required standard of quality and within the constraints of time and cost.
- End to end IT delivery from acceptance of the request by ITS through to close down
- Controlling the scope of the project / work-package ensuring all changes are managed effectively
- Manage risk, assumptions, issues and dependencies to ITS standards
- Effective communication - regular and consistent - to the business unit project sponsor, stakeholders and the IT BU Delivery Partner
- Responsible for ensuring IT delivery outputs are fully supported within the relevant ITS teams and that appropriate sign off is achieved
- Compliance with all DSO Governance including creation, updating and management of project plans, RAID log, lessons learned log, creation of weekly highlight reports, creating/maintaining project finance workbooks, attending stage gate reviews and applying the Serco Delivery Framework.
- Responsible for managing budgets, providing accurate financial workbooks in line with the Serco financial cycle
- Manage delivery partners/suppliers to ensure they deliver in accordance with the contract (SLA's)
- Responsible for planning Service Acceptance and working with Operations teams to ensure 'ready-for-service' is achieved
- Support project boards as required by the business, chairing delivery team meetings (or Scrums) as required
- Significant experience in an IT Project Delivery or Project Manager role and having worked in a governance delivery framework eg PRINCE2 or APM
- Very strong interpersonal skills and management of stakeholders at all levels
- Proven track record of successfully delivering small, medium and large-scale projects and occasionally multiple work streams / projects as part of an overall programme
- Experience and knowledge of delivering projects using (but not necessarily limited) to the following technologies/services:- EUC devices (PCs, laptops, handhelds/tablets, Kiosks etc.), LAN/WAN, Wi-Fi, new servers/moves/upgrades, MS Azure/hosting, software development/applications, integration/APIs, Office 365
- Foundational understanding of Systems Integration, Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies, Quality Assurance and Testing, Requirements Gathering, and Systems Analysis and Design
- Strong Project Management skills including: Estimating, Scope Management, Budget Management, Work-package Planning, Time Management, Risk Management, Change Management, Issue/Conflict Resolution, Communication Management, Quality Management, Testing Plans, Training Plans, Resource Management and Team Management
- Must be willing to undergo BPSS security clearance.
- SC may be required
- Current Prince 2 Practitioner (or equivalent) certification an advantage
- Knowledge of ServiceNow an advantage
- Proficient in MS Project (Project Online also an advantage)
What we offer:
· 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
· Flexible working considered
· Pension - 6%
· Childcare vouchers
· Bike4Work scheme
· Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services
· A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
We encourage you to apply even if you don't match every single aspect of the job description. We're looking for great people and are big on career development, so we're open to reviewing all applications.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly Disability Confident Leader employers and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the 'Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.