Our IT department underpins operations here at SkiptonBuilding Society and is the foundation upon which we do business. It is avibrant department, full of technology enthusiasts and a diverse range ofpersonalities. With a number of large-scale transformation projects in flightat the moment, there has not been a more exciting time to join the team.
Our business-critical infrastructure does not stop wheneveryone else has left the office. We have a dedicated and professional team ofsupport colleagues on hand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, who ensure that ourcore systems and processes are operating efficiently. We are looking for adriven 24x7 Support Team Manager to support the business in carrying out a widerange of critical support tasks.
Main Responsibilities include:
- The leadership, support and development of 12 IT technicians working 24 hours and 7 days a week shifts within our IT Service Operations department ensuring the teams deliver exceptional service and have the right balance of skills and knowledge to meet business needs and that communication across shifts is effective and that all requests directed at the team are resolved within SLA's.
- Resource management of shift teams in line with agreed priorities, ensuring shift cover is adequately provided at all times.
- Create, maintain and enhance working relationships with key contacts in IT and the wider business. - Reasonably anticipate, minimise and manage operational and regulatory risk.
- Responsible for the administration, change management and careful adherence to the quality of the Society's batch processing scripts.
Who We're Looking For
Tobe successful in this role, we are looking for someone with substantial peopleand team management skills and experience with the ability to adapt managementstyle as appropriate. You will be able to motivate other with excellentcommunication skills.
Inaddition, you should have good problem solving andtechnical skills; analytical, methodical and detail conscious. You'llrespond positively to change and new challenges. Other key skills include:
- An ability to challenge constructively, influence and negotiate - Enthusiastic and proactive; willing to show initiative - Ability to work under pressure on own initiative, to deadlines and without supervision - Substantial experience of driving delivery of excellent customer service - Ability to effectively meet deadlines - Experience of planning and organising work of self and team, focussing on priorities
About Skipton Building Society
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do. The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers.
We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where every colleague has an opportunity to fulfil their career potential. We respect and appreciate the value that our collea gues' unique differences can bring and offer consideration for anyone seeking a more flexible work-life balance. If you have a need for flexibility then please let us know.
Why Work For Us
We're committed to payingour people fairly for the role they undertake and provide a wide range ofbenefits to support our colleagues' finances and wellbeing, including ourEmployee Assistance programme, the opportunity to buy extra holidays andshopping discount vouchers You'll be able to shape your career within your team and can expect astructured learning and development programme where you'll be valued recognisedand rewarded.
More information on our benefits can be found here
Skipton are an equalopportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled orqualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability,religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age