- Adaptable to new environments, situations, people and new challenges?
- Co-operative, used to working in a team, negotiating solutions or outcomes?
- Methodical, orderly, systematic about undertaking tasks and analytical?
- Reliable, being able to be depended upon to do something well?
- Resourceful, full of initiative and good at problem solving, especially in difficult situations?
- Willing and able to provide out of hours support on a rota basis?
If the answer is yes, please read on....
My client has enjoyed continued success over their 100 year + history, their name is famous in the South West and well known throughout the UK and internationally. Due to expansion, they are currently seeking an experienced IT Systems Analyst to join the team.
The purpose of the role is to provide support to business users of all IT Software and Hardware and ensure that systems are robust enabling high-quality information to be available within all areas of the company.
- Provide accurate information to all areas of the business based on well supported systems and tools.
- Ensuring that all users of systems are given the help, support and training that they need to enable them to use systems effectively.
- Organising, classifying, maintaining and storing information, often using computer applications for access and retrieval.
- Collecting, collating, analysing and presenting data for evaluation of the service.
- Liaising with third parties.
- Ensuring the security of business systems is maintained
- Ensure that the key business systems - Priority (ERP), Qlik (BI), are working on a daily basis and rectifying any issues either directly or through liaison with external providers.
- Ensure that communication systems (exchange on-line, telephone) are working and secure.
- Network performance is maintained at correct levels.
Essential Skills & Experience Required
- Ability to think and act strategically.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with other managers, supervisors, team leaders and Directors.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data and information and target resources based on this information.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Business analysis/reporting.
- Qlik or potentially another BI tool such as SAP/Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau or Oracle BI.
- ERP experience, Priority preferred (Otherwise SAP, Oracle, JDEdwards, IFS etc.)
- Excellent MS office knowledge
Beneficial Skills & Experience
- SQL DBA performance tuning/monitoring.
- Windows Server.
- IP Networking.
- Basic security/data protection knowledge.
- Windows Desktops.
- Virtualisation, preferably Hyper-V.
- Azure/Office 365.
If you are interested in this rare opportunity based with a well established manufacturer in the heart of Cornwall, please do not delay click 'apply now' to submit your latest CV. Alternatively you can contact me directly for more information and a confidential discussion -
Do not delay, this is a rare opportunity not to be missed!