IT Transformation and Transition Programme Manager
Hybrid based - UK South base
Fixed Term 12-month contract (likely to be extended to 24 months)
37.5 hours per week, Monday- Friday
Circa £75,000- £90,000 dependent upon experience plus benefits
Serco are recruiting for an IT Transformation and Transition Programme Manager. This is a fixed term contract to work on a hybrid basis based out of our offices in Hook. The Specialist IT Programme Manager will be a member of the Transformation Team within the Engineering and Asset Management (EAM) Portfolio of UK&E's Defence Business Unit.
The candidate will also work with additional stakeholders for future phases of Asset Management solution deployment within Defence and beyond. The Engineering and Asset Management Transformation Team will be headed up by the Director of Transformation and Programmes, with an EAM Principal Consultant leading this specific EAM transformation programme which will transition an existing service delivery contract into its future, more innovative iteration.
The role will be required to work on multiple large / complex Projects & Programmes at any one time over multiple business areas, the purposes of which are to drive Innovation and Growth, Organisational Realignment as well as Efficient and Effective delivery of the services the contract portfolio delivers for its customers.
Due to the dynamic, fast-paced, and ever evolving nature of the contemporary business environment, the requirement to adapt and overcome is ever-present. Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, and Ambiguity (VUCA) necessitates a greater awareness, and readiness for the unexpected.
- Define and lead the successful delivery of complex programmes through effective stakeholder management and matrix management including successful management of the people change aspects of a project
- Deliver new business transitions in line with the bid solution, on time, to budget and to the highest quality
- Identify and scope complex programme requirements and develop and manage delivery plans to ensure successful delivery
- Develop methodologies to monitor and track progress, and benefits against work stream objectives and the overall programme / project deliverables
- Provide appropriate reporting and tracking of issues to the relevant SRO (sponsor)/ Director of Transformation and Programmes and ensure effective implementation of any resulting action plans across the Division, publishing lessons learned and promoting the sharing of best practices
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement
- Support the management of risk for the projects in alignment with the Divisional Risk approach
- Coaching and supporting more junior members of the special programmes team to help build experience and capability in project & programme management
What you'll need for the role:
- Able to achieve BPSS clearance
- A developed knowledge of Project & Programme Management methodologies, tools and techniques and relevant Project / Programme Management certification (e.g. APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) etc.)
- Demonstrable leadership and management skills over complex teams delivering for multiple business units or businesses
- Demonstrable financial and commercial management skills.
- Experience of involvement in planning and executing mobilisation and transitions following new business award / contract exit
- Experience of the configuration and deployment of asset management solutions delivering multiple contracted services to different specifications
- Experience of working in a high-pressure environment and managing multiple demands at once and prioritising delivery
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Working within a matrix organisation, you will be able to forge good working relationships quickly and collaborate as part of a varied team
- Ability to drive clarity from ambiguity
- Flexible to travel across sites located across Portsmouth, Plymouth, Clyde, Hampshire (travel expenses covered)
- Comfortable with managing the assimilation of large amounts of complex data and operating within a complex operational environment
- Knowledge across all business functions (i.e. finance, quality, risk, business development, HR and communications)
- Knowledge and experience of implementing change management approaches
- Ability to deliver high quality formal reports and presentations within tight timelines
- Ability to communicate across a diverse community of stakeholders including very senior members; excellent networking and influencing skills
- Developed management & leadership skills combining an open and inclusive approach with the ability to operate as a strong team player
- Coaching experience to support development of more junior members of the special programmes team
What we offer:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company car
- Company bonus or car allowance
- Private medical cover
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- Serco discounts which include supermarkets, cinemas, Merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, as well as discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Health Cash Plans, and more.
- A wealth of career development training to suit your future aspirations. These range from role specific training, leadership coaching, formal study and much more to support you to build your career with Serco.
- A safe and supportive culture.
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
To discover more about our careers in Defence, meet our team, and to find out more about what we offer, please follow this Link. We're also a signatory of the UK Governments Women in Defence Charter, to find out more please click here.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens, we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. As a proud Disability Confident Leader and holder of the Gold Inclusive Employer Standard, disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.