This team conducts practise and activities toward programmes under and relating to LeTacCIS. Our goal is to gain Capability and Capacity for the application of Modern telecommunications product and systems within the modern battle space. We are a "learn by doing" community of capable engineers with a strong team togetherness and can-do, will-do attitude.
The difference our new Junior Developer will make
You'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Your capabilities will span a broad spectrum of market areas across Defence including Land, Air and Sea, in addition to commercial deployments. You will help raise our technical profile by building strong vendor and customer relationships whilst implementing our ambitious strategy.
Day to day, you will be…
- Working with numerous SME's across multiple projects. This is an exciting opportunity for you as a software integration engineer to bring your skillset and knowledge to a fast paced, dynamic and forward-thinking working environment.
- Collaborating on technology solutions from the early phases of design through to fielded solutions.
- As a Software Integration Engineer you will perform Software Engineering (Design, Development, Integration and Test activities)
- This may include:-
- Developing web applications for desktop and mobile devices
- Implementing Cloud based systems that perform complex data processing.
- Database development
- Video analytics and processing
- Support for IoT Edge device integration.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role allows you to work fully remote with the expectation of traveling to various South-West of England sites when required.
- Experience with one or more of Python, C++ or C# programming
- UNIX/Linux Experience; familiar with command execution using a scripting language (e.g. Python, Shell Script, etc.)
- Background/experience in IP, TCP/UDP, DNS, HTTPs, HTTP, and DHCP network fundamentals
- Knowledge in configuring and troubleshooting IP Networking technologies
- Experience in fault identification and resolution in IP networks
- Background/experience in embedded system (software that interacts with hardware).
- Experience of virtualisation environments.
- Solutioning through design and problem-solving practises, through collaboration and learning with a team of capable peer and junior telecommunications SMEs
- Build and deploy applications in cloud computing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in systems design, systems architecture, systems integration, or related field
- Comfortable analysing data to improve design and performance of a system
- Understanding of hardware and software development processes
- Be accountable for all plans subordinate to the Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP) e.g., Integration, Test, and Acceptance Management Plan (ITEAP)
Candidates must be able to attain security clearance - SC