REED Engineering's client are an international genetic analysis, diagnostics and stability storage business serving the global research and healthcare markets. We are working together to source a Junior Electrical Engineer, must hold City & Guilds qualification as a minimum, all additional training given.
The role has day to day responsibility for completing control panel wiring, electrical assembly / installation of the company products as determined by the Manufacturing Manager and will involve working at site both within the UK and offshore. This position suits someone that has recently completed their apprenticeship and wants to learn new skills. Duties and Responsibilities laid out in the position will be trained, applicants are not expected to know how to undertake all of these currently.
Duties and Responsibilities
* The electrical assembly and termination of equipment in accordance with the drawings and manufacture documents using best practices
* In process inspect activities to ensure product complies in all aspects to the drawings / manufacture data
* Complete installation of the 'Company Products' on client's sites in accordance with installation programme and installation specifications
* Completion of the Commissioning test to ensure completed / installed products comply with the Company
* specification / documents and Industry codes of practice
* To ensure that components are manufactured to the agreed 'manufacturing data' and bring to the attention of the appropriate Manager any 'product improvements' or non-conforming / poor quality parts noted during the manufacture / installation process
* To identify (in conjunction with others) any material / component shortage which will affect the completion of the part manufacture or installation process in a timely manner
* To complete all works in accordance with the Company Health and Safety Policy ensuring the safety of themselves and others in addition to highlighting any concerns which may not be covered by the documented system.
* To ensure that all appropriate tools and equipment are maintained in a usable and safe condition in accordance with Company policy and statutory legislation.
* To fully document via the ECN system any changes to the manufacture data (parts list / drawings to correct maintain the manufacture data)
* To act as an 'internal / external' point of contact for our clients site during installation activities.
* To perform any other duties as may be reasonably required commensurate with grade and experience.
In return we are able to offer the following benefits package; 33 days annual leave (inc. Bank Holidays) plus an annual option to buy & sell up to 5 day annual leave in addition to a subsidised Scottish Widows private pension plan. Full access to company vehicles.
Qualifications and Experience
* Hold suitable recognised industry qualifications i.e. City & Guilds and Electrical Safety 2391.
* Working experience of electrical panel wiring, component assembly and installation including the use of test equipment and hand tools.
* Can travel to work North America and Europe. (Valid and up to date passport)
* Hold Full UK driving licence.
We look forward to receiving your application.