Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance *minimum 5 years UK residency*
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
The company have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
"Great company with wide and varied opportunities, lots of interesting projects and very talented people to learn from and grow from" Dec 2021 *Glassdoor review
"Dynamic, Agile company with good career opportunities" July 2021 *Glassdoor review
The Electronics Engineer will join a team of engineers providing services in support of analogue, digital (FPGA) and computer based safety systems. The team has a diverse scope from requirements through to the design and maintenance of systems and products.
- Support discussions of proposed solutions with customer representatives to agree the optimum solution in terms of cost, timescale and ease of implementation.
- Help to establish a number of customer solutions.
- Detailed analysis of specific aspects of existing equipment to establish requirements for replacement or refurbishment.
- Liaison with suppliers regarding supply and support of third party equipment.
- Carrying out specified design and development work in own area of competence.
- Support installation and commissioning of equipment on the customer's site.
- Supporting good customer relationships by presenting a professional engineering approach to the work.
- Supporting the teams engineering capabilities with individual skill and determination.
- Developing personal engineering capability across the safety system and instrumentation areas.
- Produce technical reports, clearly identifying the preferred course of action and why after analysis of legacy designs.
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Able to demonstrate skill and experience in electronic/electrical equipment design or maintenance.
- Demonstrable ability in electrical work and/or analogue and digital electronics using conventional logic families and programmable logic.
- Appropriate technical qualifications in specific areas of electrical or electronic design or in instrumentation and control.
- Ability to communicate effectively within peer group and with manager / team leader.
- Capable of producing good oral and written communications.
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous.
- DOORS knowledge an advantage
For full information, please get in touch!