Reed Scientific are currently recruiting a Laboratory Technician to undertake Quality Control activities, in an operational environment, to ensure that products are manufactured to required quality standards. It is essential that applicants have Quality Assurance experience within a regulated manufacturing industry.
The company is a growing organisation, developing a niche product range for the consumer market. The Quality Technician will be carrying out auditing and analysis of production QC data to identify areas for continuous improvement. Development, validation and implementation of QC test methods. Writing and implementing QA/QC procedures. Conducting quality raw materials and finished product quality investigations.
- Undertake all required tests on relevant samples in accordance with the Quality System and specifications.
- Ensure that relevant traceability paperwork is available and correct.
- Take decisions on relevant stock and entering information on the appropriate stock management system.
- Communication on control results and decisions where necessary.
- Administrative duties including timely completion and filing of records and management of the retainer stores.
- Carrying out relevant preparation, titration, calibration and validation on reagents and/or equipment where appropriate.
- Organising work to ensure customer priorities are met.
- Recording of non-conformances and appropriate follow up and communication.
- Maintaining high housekeeping standards and working to Good Laboratory Practices.
- To support the Quality Department and Manager in any other relevant quality tasks including but not limited to internal audits, training of new staff, preparation of procedures or assisting with investigations.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or related subject area.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software.
- Experience of liaising in-house and externally with people at all levels.
- Experience of working in a cosmetics or pharmaceutical environment.
- Conscientious & self-motivated.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
- Highly organised and experienced in managing documentation in a controlled environment.
- Understands & has experience of using relevant testing equipment.
- Knowledge of Cosmetic Regulations is not essential but advantageous.