Lead Administrator - HCSC
UK Defence Academy
Shrivenham, SN6 8LA
Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
£23,030 per annum plus benefits
Serco have an opportunity for an experienced Administrator to join our team based at the Defence Academy in Shrivenham, Swindon. HCSC are looking for an individual who can work independently as well as part of a team, is self-motivated and organised, to work with the customer to support the Higher Command and Staff Course with Course Administration throughout the year. This is an exciting opportunity to join a wider team who work holistically with other divisions within the JSCSC.
Serco at the Defence Academy provides Facilities Management across all aspects of the site including Estates, Logistics, various Supporting Services, together with Cleaning, Catering and Waste Management through ESS.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Taking a pro- active role within the department and generally be fully conversant with the course aims and programme
- Processing Course Members/Student arrival/departure from Shrivenham Station, ensuring associated registers are accurately maintained
- Course Administration support to Directing Staff for HCSC courses
- Maintenance of course communication and documents
- Communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Processing the on and off boarding for Students
- Updating students career profile with competencies at course completion
- Liaising with external military and civilian institutions to gain relevant data
- After course work such as reporting and associated administrative tasks on various systems
- Cross skilling to support across the wider team
- Mentoring and coaching of new starters
- Management of Work Instructions
What you need to do the job:
- GCSE's (A-C) or equivalent in English and Maths.
- Sound understanding of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- Able to use a variety of communication methods (spoken, written, behaviour).
- Must be methodical, have proven organisational skills and able to work under pressure.
- Problem solving skills are a must in this role.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- It is essential that the successful candidate is PC literate, with a good level of experience in MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel.
- You will have to gain enhanced clearance within the first 3 months of employment. Serco will arrange this on your behalf.
The Defence Academy sits within a beautiful and secure site which hosts 2 lakes and is surrounded by acres of scenic woodland. The Academy trains the future commanders and staff officers of all three UK Armed Services and those from many countries around the world. Other benefits of working on this site include:
- Free, secure onsite parking.
- Opportunity to join many sports and activity clubs (heavily subsidised subscription costs).
- Gym membership, the site boasting 2 fully equipped gymnasiums.
- 18-hole golf course (annual membership circa £375).
- Fully equipped riding stables, with the opportunity for lessons.
- Other sporting facilities include tennis courts, Astro-turf football pitches and much more.
Find out more about the Defence Academy here: https://youtu.be/hakVZgUFZag
What we offer:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and the chance to purchase additional days.
- Up to 6% contributory pension.
- Serco-Flex - local working policy which supports home working options dependant on role requirements.
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Health Cash Plans, and more.
- Serco discounts which include cinema, entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- We are constantly challenging ourselves and each other to deliver brilliantly, and you will too, working in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- A wealth of career development training to suit your future aspirations. These range from role specific training, leadership coaching, formal study and much more to support you to build your career with Serco.
- A safe and supportive culture.
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
To discover more about our careers in Defence, meet our team, and to find out more about what we offer, please follow this Link. We're also a signatory of the UK Governments Women in Defence Charter, to find out more please click here.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens, we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. As a proud Disability Confident Leader and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard, disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.