Lead PHP Developer
Up to £70,000 per annum DOE
Aurora Commerce is a leading eCommerce solutions provider for the UK market. Since 2009, we have developed the Aurora Platform, our high-end, scalable, AWS hosted eCommerce platform. The Aurora Platform is a liberating force for ambitious retailers of any size and designed to address the challenges of being locked into expensive, inflexible, monolithic and proprietary technology.
We are now seeking a Lead PHP Developer to lead our growing Premium eCommerce Team. This is a home-based role where you will work remotely to grow the Aurora Platform.
As the Lead PHP Developer, you will:
- Play a key role in moving our platform forward
- Work hand-in-hand with the passionate in-house Development Team
- Deliver improvements and growth for the platform
- Complete hands-on development work
- Get involved in spec writing
- Assist project managers with project planning
- Undertake code reviews and architecture overviews
- Implement and help to develop the Aurora road map
Interested? To be considered as the Lead PHP Developer, you will need extensive commercial experience with the following:
- PHP (including 7+)
- MySQL, including database optimisation
- MVC and design patterns
- Unit Testing
- Caching Technologies, such as Redis or Varnish
You will also need:
- Proven experience of working with high traffic, high volume websites
- The ability to proactively lead development teams and provide technical direction
Ideal candidates will have Docker knowledge, AWS experience, and/or Server administration experience, including Apache and Linux via the command line. However, this is by no means essential.
We're eager to hear from those who have previously held the role of Lead PHP Developer, Lead Developer, Development Lead, Development Team Lead, Development Manager, Senior PHP Developer, or Lead LAMP Developer.
To apply for the role of Lead PHP Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.