What you will do???
We are hiring a technical squad lead for our in-house software engineering teams, with team leadership or line management experience in an Agile environment.
Join one of the most exciting tech teams in Sheffield and lead a multi-disciplinary squad to success. We have a busy three-year roadmap that we need you to play a key part in delivering. Work with the latest technologies on the Skybet.com sports betting sites and apps.
No previous experience in sports betting? No problem - we have many experts to learn from, and the technical excellence you'll bring is what we value. Salary and benefits packages reflect the high standard in our tech teams, with excellent training and development opportunities for all engineers.
You will be self-motivated and willing to contribute to design at all levels, listening and learning from the talented people around you. We believe we have a strong culture and we want you to be a part of it. How you will do it???
- Demonstrate strong experience of leading engineering teams in an evolving and dynamic environment, ideally in a similar web-scale industry where software is always-on, and customer experience is always more than a consideration
- Be a committed team player who demonstrates exceptional communication, interpersonal skills and consistent high energy levels, who recognises the importance of people in technology solutions.
- Be an experienced leader with a reputation for thought leadership, strategic thinking and with a strong technical background.
- Show an analytic problem solver with a strong sense of autonomy, but with an open collaborative approach to getting the job done.
Be a Technical Leader
- As part of the tribe technology leadership team, have a strong voice in all key technology decisions.
- Work with product, finance & marketing stakeholders to agree and prioritise the roadmap according to business benefits and customer experience impact.
- Work with the wider tribe leadership to plan and manage deliveries and report against progress towards our vision and objectives.
- Collaborate with Engineering leadership to define the tribe's architectural and engineering principles, vision, lifecycle and underlying technical frameworks.
- Provide technical governance, support and cross functional leadership to ensure our solutions are fit for purpose and align with our architectural principals.
- Lead and coach the squad to support the roadmap, manage the level of technical debt and to mobilise the Engineers to take us there.
- Encourage and enable the right team structure and appropriate methods to help identify opportunities for improving engineering practices, technology choices, automation and ways of working.
- Encourage collaboration across technical solutions when being reviewed and critiqued.
- Evangelise the use of innovative technology, industry trends, participation in community events and focusing on lean principles of time to value and avoiding waste.
- Identify strategic requirements, business drivers and processes across the Tribe and Business.
- Awareness of current architectural trends and developments within the market, particularly patterns and technologies being used or that could be used within Sky Betting and Gaming.
- Ensure High Level Architectural Designs and Impact assessments are reviewed for key projects where required.
Engineering People Management
- Assist with the recruitment of a strong team of top-notch highly motivated individuals across all levels, manage skills gaps and reduce key man dependencies.
- Supporting the Engineering Manager, enable development and motivation in the teams by providing clear direction, opportunities for learning & direct coaching. Pro-actively manage any individual performance problems.
- Help define Core Customer's Engineering team structures (aligned to a culture of "small autonomous agile teams") to match the current focus of our business.
- Contribute to the culture of the team as an inclusive, diverse, and respectful working environment.
- Champion and identify opportunities to make our engineering better: the skills and expertise of the team, delivery predictability and speed, operational awareness and responsibility.
- Highlight any risks and improvement benefits widely around the Tribe, to gain traction on making those improvements happen.
- Be responsible for engineering SDLC adherence against our wider compliance requirements. Make sure we do this in a way that maintains our low-bureaucracy high-trust working environment.
- Ensure and enable the right level of technical expertise in incident management, root cause analysis, post incident decisions and technical oversight of remedial work is carried out.
Our People Ambition is to attract & develop diverse & talented people to meet the current and future growth needs of SB&G. Together, our aim is to create the Best Digital Business to work at .
Mon to Fri - Standard