This is an opportunity to join a government-approved Cyber Security and IT Managed Service Provider, supporting clients 24x7x365 from their ISO27001-accredited UK NOC & SOC.
The job holder will work in a 3rd line support role configuring, monitoring, diagnosing and troubleshooting customer telephony, network, server, security and infrastructure issues. You will also have an involvement in the operations of their internal IT infrastructure. There will be a requirement from time to time to work from client sites to undertake activities that cannot be done remotely.
REPORTING TO: Service & Support Manager
- To be the primary escalation point for 1st & 2nd line for all queries that cannot be resolved.
- To identify and resolve incidents within agreed SLAs, and provide 3rd line technical support
- To provide customer facing responsibility for all incidents and projects assigned.
- To provide documentation for the Service Desk to improve fix rates for faults and service requests.
- Serve as the 'go-to' expert within the Support team providing coaching and mentoring to a team of Engineers
- To undertake Operational changes to ensure continuity of service as required following company change management processes
- Maintain a good understanding of the functionality and structure of supported systems and clients.
- To plan and carry out effective proactive maintenance of major systems (both internal and client)
- To ensure that unplanned outages & poor performance are minimised and that sufficient capacity & disaster recovery provision is maintained to support agreed business needs.
- As required take ownership of all projects assigned ensuring timely updates and delivery of committed tasks.
- To undertake activities on client site as required
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The jobholder will need to be able to work to deadlines think on their feet, take responsibility and work under their own initiative. An excellent inter personnel manner is essential, always adopting a clear, positive, friendly but decisive approach
- The ability to plan and prioritise your workload
- Proven track record of achieving results troubleshooting technology solutions
- Experience of working with SLAs and KPIs
- Previous experience working for a Managed Service Provider (MSP) dealing with multiple clients and products
- Demonstrable evidence of delivering an excellent customer experience
- Ability to work within a team
- Able to continually learn new skills
- Experience in telephony, network, server, security and infrastructure diagnostics and configuration
- Knowledge of IT security ie Web based firewalls, SIEM tools etc
- Understanding of IP networking fundamentals
- Working knowledge of IT Monitoring systems.
- Excellent standard of written English
- ITIL Foundation v3 Certification (Highly Desirable)
- CCNA, MCSA/MCSE, or equivalent (Desirable)