Are you a Systems Engineer looking for your next challenge?
Would you consider relocating?
- Would you like the opportunity to take ownership, and make the Systems Engineering strategy you own? Here is an opportunity to shape & and develop the systems engineering work business wide!
- Permanent job opportunity with relocation assistance available, for you and your family! *T&C's apply
- Be part of a established and growing team, with over 30 years of experience in designing, manufacturing and delivering highly bespoke simulator solutions!
- Join a team at an exciting time, at the start of re-defining their systems, with the opportunity to influence and shape the product!
- As Lead Systems Engineer, you will be part of the largest project that specialist RF have worked on to date!
Be part of a wider, global business, renowned for solving their customers' most complex problems!
- You'll have the opportunity to work on large projects, developing mission-critical solutions in Defence and Technology.
- Join a company with a number of awards and recognitions; Named as Gold Award winner in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme for 2021 | Employer of choice for our forces community!
- ED&I: Access to leadership development, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion programs.
- Full training, development and mentoring programs; Access to mentoring programs at all stages of development.
- Full range of company benefits, flexible working, training, development and clear career progression!
The Lead Systems Engineer will be responsible for project delivery, managing and deriving requirements, generating engineering documents/specifications, and supporting early development of requirements test plans.
The Lead Systems Engineer will also support the bid team with architecture development during bid/capture of new opportunities. Support, develop, and maintain engineering processes to meet business needs.
- Management of customer requirements, and storing this information within the requirements management system, to ensure that design documentation and customer requirements are aligned.
- Generate internal system requirements from high level customer requirements to ensure product development is suitably specified.
- Work with engineering function to development high level system design documents (SDS & ICD).
- Work with Product Leads to support our bid process.
- Represent the Systems function at all design reviews (internal and external) to provide technical expertise and guidance on best practice.
- Contribute to design reviews and present material in specialist areas.
- Support the engineering function by raising risks and issues and proposing solutions.
- Adopts best practice and fosters innovation to support business needs.
- Ensures that all work within the function is of sufficient quality and is carried out according to process.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Full understanding of the system engineering lifecycle and V-model.
- Extensive use of engineering management tools (e.g., DOORS, JAMA)
- Experienced in Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) and tools (UML, SysML, Rhapsody, Sparx EA, Visio)
- Ability to clearly articulate design intent using Design Documents, block diagrams, flow diagrams and system level schematics.
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous.
- Presentation skills and detailed technical knowledge to explain system engineering concepts to a wide technical audience.
- Skill in creating a system design to provide optimal solutions by appropriately allocating functionality between hardware, firmware and software based on experience within one or more of these fields.
- Experience of specifying system requirements for complex systems utilising FPGA design.
- Experience within Electronic Warfare (EW), Electronic Countermeasures (ECM), Electromagnetic Spectrum, or Radar domains would be desirable.
- Experience of system safety would be desirable.
- Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance *minimum 5 years UK residency*
- Site Location: All applicants must be located locally, or able to relocate to the client site based in the Hampshire area (Relocation assistance available *T&C's apply)
- Working: The role is office/hybrid based with occasional travel to other company/customer's sites in the UK or abroad.
For full information, please get in touch!