Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Since 1947, Serco Middle East has been supporting governments to deliver public services across various sectors (Transport, Healthcare, Citizen Services and Defence), enabling transformation and ensuring the delivery of world class services. We are extremely proud of our partnerships with government and semi-government entities and what we continue to achieve together.
In the Middle East, we employ more than 5,500 people across four countries including the United Arab Emirates, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Iraq. Our employees remain our greatest asset.
To support Serco's continuous growth and delivery of world class services, we are currently bidding for a new project in Saudi Arabia and we are looking for a Privatization Project Lead.
The hiring for this position is subject to contract award.
- Monitor change in relevant legislations and the regulatory environment and implement any changes to Policies and procedures as appropriate that may also affect the contract.
- Review and advise on contractual and legal legislations and documentation.
- Deep knowledge in legal compliance and requirements to support the contract.
- Deep knowledge in legal compliance and requirements in the privatization field.
- Understanding of specific KSA licensing and registration requirements.
- Conduct and lead legal and commercial due diligence.
- Provide advice and guidance on litigation and dispute resolution processes.
- Provide Legal Briefings on legislations and regulations affecting the contract/project.
- Support in drafting various forms of agreements (Teaming, PPP contracts, NDA, MOU, etc. depending on experience customer agreements).
- Ensure the contract/project complies with all applicable laws, as well as its legal and statutory requirements.
- Work with the business teams to develop legal templates and processes for new business and commercial models.
- Generate ad hoc management reports as required.
- Support business governance processes, including those around ethics & compliance, compliance assurance and risk.
- To review and advise on legislation from public authorities and 3rd parties.
- To review client's regulatory documents and advise on outcomes.
- To review relevant PPP policies and laws and recommend on their affects and outcomes.
- Examination of relevant documents.
- Development of the methodology of preparation, drafting and updating of bylaws, regulatory rules, procedures manuals, etc.
- Preparation, drafting, typing and updating of the required legal documentation.
- Perform and carry out duties and respond to requests for assistance from the Project Manager.
HSQE Responsibilities and Information Security Responsibilities
- Understanding of personal responsibilities and contribution to achieving compliance with the Information Management Systems (IMS) requirements, (including but not limited to competence to perform safety critical roles, legal requirements, control measures arisen from environmental impacts and aspects, job safety analysis and information security risk assessment) and the potential consequences of departure from the arrangements in place to deliver the commitments stated in the policies statements above;
- Promote a good HSQE and Information Security culture among their peers, subcontractors and third parties (if any)
- Protect information assets and data.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Proficient in the use of PC, spreadsheets and other software applications
- Knowledge of both international and local (KSA) statutory and legislated requirements.
- Knowledge of international best practice in privatization projects.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills and proven ability to effectively communicate (in both oral and in written form) with all levels of management, employees, customers, contractors and other stakeholders.
- Ability to motivate and manage change as well as work in a multi discipline and multi-functional team.
- Demonstrated commitment to the processes of continuous improvement and quality customer service.
- 10 years' experience
- Proficient in the use of PC, spreadsheets and other software applications.
- Knowledge of both international and local (KSA) statutory and legislated requirements;
- Knowledge of international best practice in privatization projects
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills and proven ability to effectively communicate (in both oral and in written form) with all levels of management, employees, customers, contractors and other stakeholders;
- Ability to motivate and manage change as well as work in a multi discipline and multi-functional team;
- Fluent in both written and spoken Arabic and English
- Stay abreast of changes in Legal & Commercial regulations and legislation.
- Demonstrated commitment to the processes of continuous improvement and quality customer service;
- Bachelors' Degree in a related field
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
We take pride in what we do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.