Job title: Legal Director- Health and Defence
Location: Home based, Hook or Solihull
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Our Legal team here at Serco are seeking a new Legal Director to be a trusted partner to the leadership of the UK Defence and Health Business Units. Our Defence business is trusted to deliver critical support services and operate sensitive facilities by military organisations around the world. Serco is trusted to manage vital healthcare services around the world. In Healthcare, we have been in the market for over 20 years & we now provide award-winning services in hospitals across the UK, Australia, Hong Kong and in the Middle East. You'll partner with the business and provide legal, regulatory, ethical and governance support throughout the contract lifecycle to ensure we protect the interests of our Business Units whilst driving fantastic outcomes for our customers.
Reporting to the UK&E General Counsel this is a fantastic opportunity to really get under the skin of our business, drive real change doing work that truly matters.
What you'll need for the role
- You will be a qualified and experienced lawyer with experience of working in house in a large organisation.
- You will have a deep understanding of legal matters and complex contractual constructs with experience of public sector contracts and knowledge and understanding of PFI projects and joint ventures an advantage.
- You will have the ability to provide strategic oversight and direction to colleagues on legal, contractual and risk aspects of bids and the management of our existing contracts and will work closely with colleagues in our Commercial Contracts and Risk teams.
- You will be able to demonstrable how you have balanced commercial, technical and legal requirements to achieve successful outcomes with acceptable risk profiles
- You will be commercial in nature and be able to demonstrate a business-oriented approach
- Experience of implementing and driving change with a mindset of continuous improvement and continually seeking improved and more efficient methods of working
What we offer
- A competitive six figure salary
- Bonus (up to 30%)
- 10 % matched pension
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance x2 salary
- Private medical