Ensure the legal compliance of any industrial manufacturing systems within Filton Plant (Machines, Jigs and fixtures, Hand tools etc.)
The task will include providing support to managers in the identification of work-related hazards within the workplace and assessing/categorising the related occupational risks according to statutes, procedures and regulations.
Ensure The legality of any industrial manufacturing systems within Filton Plant.
- Support local management in enabling them to ensure appropriate risk controls are in place
- Share knowledge/guidance on EHS requirements in industrial processes, national laws and regulations relating to the workplace, provide direction to the operational management and local 'safety support teams'
- Promote Environmental Health & Safety topics in the workplace throughout the organisation at all levels (from top management to shop floor staff), ensuring availability of the relevant training, awareness campaigns and EHS inductions
- Ensure the manufacturing assets comply with machine directive legislation and requirements
- Create and maintain documentation (PUWER, CPR1053 (Airbus), Risk Assessments etc.)
- Advise on industrial legal requirements (e.g UKCA/CE requirements, REACH, LOLER, PUWER, COSHH, etc)
- Create Risk Assessments and advise on EHS requirements
- Plan and conduct ergonomic studies
- Filton Plant Point of Contact for central Industrial process and procedures updates
- Can work well in a team and as an individual
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Good analytical skills
- Good written and oral communication skills from shop floor to management
- Document/specification author
- EHS professional with formal qualifications to certificate level as a minimum (i.e., NEBOSH, IOSH etc)
- Experience of industrial management systems
- Knowledge of lifting and handling requirements (LOLER, PUWER etc)
- Use of Google Suite & Microsoft computer operating platforms
- Experience of the "FISH"(CORITY) Incident management process Tool
- Awareness of the CE to UKCA requirements for 2023
- Knowledge of work platforms and work staging legislation
- Knowledge of working at height & confined space legislation
- Understanding of Asset management
Guidant Global (Airbus) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.