Following our successful test flying campaigns over the last 3 years we now have opportunities for talented, team-oriented people to join our exciting programme. We are an inclusive group of aviation professionals who all share a vision to operationalise the stratosphere and if you have suitable transferrable skills, including relevant technical and aviation experience, then this is your chance to apply to join the flight operations team.
We now have multiple positions for Line Maintenance Technicians to support our test flying campaign in 2023. Full training is provided to suitable candidates at our specialist training facility in Farnborough. Successful candidates will rotate through deployment overseas and our operations centre in the UK. All travel, accommodation and meals are provided when working overseas.
We welcome applications from all backgrounds and experience, although you will need to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK, as well as have the ability to travel overseas. We are not able to obtain work visas to enable living and working in the UK, although visa support will be provided where required for overseas operations.
This is your opportunity to be part of an exciting aviation activity at the leading edge of global RPAS operations.
- Experienced in providing technical and maintenance support in an Aircraft or UAS line maintenance environment.
- An understanding of Aircraft Maintenance Regulations (MRP PART 145)
- Experienced in Aircraft Maintenance Record Keeping
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Task orientated with a flexible attitude
- Ability to develop and build good working relationships with a diverse customer and team base installing a positive safety culture across the organisation
- Self-motivated, ability to work alone or as part of a small team.
- Methodical approach to assembly, system testing and problem solving.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience within the Aircraft / UAS Maintenance Industry, whereof minimum 2 years in an appropriate line maintenance environment.
- Formal Aircraft Maintenance qualifications in an avionic/electronic engineering discipline
- Willingness to work internationally for long periods, sometimes at short notice
- IPC Level 3 Soldering (J Standard)
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook) and Aircraft Maintenance MRO platforms (SAP/AMOS)
- Previous experience in writing company procedures a distinct advantage
- Experience of working on operational/deployed projects
- Human Factors (Initial & Current)
- EWIS 1+2
- Manual Handling
- Working at Height
- COSHH Training / Experienced
- Avionic equipment installation, wiring and system integration of UAV's platforms, including ground control stations
- Understanding of TCP/IP and network Security
You will be based in Farnborough, with extensive travel time overseas Arizona, USA and Australia.
Guidant Global (Airbus) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.