Working for a major company within the UK space & cyber security sectors. The post holder will join a project team as the key engineer responsible for the development of that project's Red Hat solution - an essential underpinning IT infrastructure capability for the project
- Developing a build environment with Satellite and Ansible
- Deploying and configuring servers using this build environment
Specific Responsibilities/Tasks, within the project:
- Develop and implement a build environment.
- Deploy and configuring servers.
- Document the deployment platform and server configuration.
- Security hardening systems.
- Work with business stakeholders to identify their requirements and expected outcome.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to select the relevant sources of information.
- Identify the right tools to deliver an appropriate solution.
- Work with other IT teams to support service integration, and retention requirements based on the input of the business.
- Work with Security to ensure that solutions comply with regulatory and security policies.
- Also ensure that these solutions adhere to organizational values; enabling staff, volunteers, and partners.
- Recommend improvements to existing infrastructure and processes.
- Provide on-going tracking and monitoring of system performance.
- Troubleshoot and implement fixes to systems as needed.
- Smooth the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
- Experience developing and improving Ansible playbooks and roles; specifically as part of a build process.
- Shell Scripting (bash/python/perl/ksh...)
- Revision control tools e.g. Git, Subversion (SVN), Bitbucket, Mercurial
- RHEL Administration
- Management of Red Hat Satellite
- An understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Experience supporting systems running databases
- Linux administrator of at least 5 years of experience
- Implementation of Linux Directory Services (LDAP), specifically with respect to Linux/Windows integration
- OS Hardening
- Storage products (Netapp/EVA)
Guidant Global (Jobscience) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.