Job title: Senior Linux Engineer
Department: Technical Support
Direct report: Chief Operating Officer
About the company
This is an opportunity to join an independent IT Hosting and provisioning business based in Chelsea Harbour, London. They pride themselves on their professional and precise approach to technology. They are a small but overly competent group of talented individuals whose primary purpose is to serve the needs of their customers.
Overall Job Purpose:
The successful candidate will form part of a solid team and possess the skills and knowledge to act as primary technology lead where required and offer an independent and solid technical expertise as well as balanced opinion with regards to IT strategy and transformation.
As they grow as a business they need to deliver new services and expand existing services to new clients, and their secure and highly available infrastructure must grow to meet the demand. They strive to automate server provisioning, monitoring and day to day processes as far as possible in order to maximise their impact as a competent and strong technology provider.
The successful candidate will be part of a team that owns the entire infrastructure, from networking, firewalls, external network routing, multiple data centres through to operating systems, data replication and application services. They are looking for a talented Linux / DevOps Engineer to join the team to further enhance their skills portfolio.
They are looking for skilled engineers with strong abilities in the following areas:
- A strong understanding of leading Linux distributions with at least 5 years' experience directly managing and administering on a daily basis (Debian, RedHat, Ubuntu)
- Develop and maintain Linux containers designed to execute in an orchestrated container environment (OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker, CoreOS, etc) both on premise and in the cloud
- Setup and management of server build automation tools
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Excellent experience in scripting and automating day to day SysAdmin and DevOps tasks (Bash, Perl, PHP, Python)
- Collaborative team player, keen to learn and share ideas
- A strong understanding of ISO27001 and its associated policies and standards
- Ability to drive DevOps methodologies, principles and automated tools to their Infrastructure using current DevOps adoption methods
- Experience with performance tuning MySQL and replication technologies
This role is best suited to a vibrant, outgoing individual who is keen to work in a friendly professional environment with like minded people.
The role will be based in our Chelsea Harbour office, but the role may be required to provide onsite support at other sites across Europe as required.
A competitive benefits package is offered with this role.