Locksmith - HMP Fosse Way
Leicestershire, LE18 4TN
Salary - up to £29,500 depending on experience
Permanent (Full-Time, 40 Hrs)
Here at Serco we are looking for a Locksmith to join us at HMP Fosse Way. Reporting to the Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining locking schedule and drawings for locks. Carry out joinery/carpentry work. Form part of the FM Team of multiskilled engineers. Assist other trades in their duties as may be required forming part of a multiskilled team.
Some of the key responsibilities of the Locksmith are as follows:
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both in writing and orally (including good telephone manner).
- Carry out all duties assigned to them in a safe manner, observing all statutory regulations and local regulations.
- Ensure that various pre planned maintenance schedules are kept up to date and maintained as may be required.
- Completed a recognised course in lock repair and maintenance.
- Appropriate experience in general metal work, fabrication and locksmith applications.
- Should understand basic codes of practice associated with metal fabrication.
- Should be able to read and understand technical drawings and technical specifications.
- Maintain locking schedule and drawings.
- Proficient in MS Office Word and Excel.
- Assist in multi trade support of other members of the FM team in completing work.
- Experience in working in a security environment.
- Related routine maintenance and repairs but within the capabilities of their ability, experience and training.
- Carry out other duties that may be delegated to them from time to time but which fall within their ability; experience and training.
- Operate machine tools safely and according to their training of installed equipment within the works service workshops.
What you will need to do the role
To be considered for this role you will need to be appropriately qualified having served a recognised apprenticeship or equivalent trade-based qualification. Flexible and proactive with a commitment to customer satisfaction and continuous improvement to working approach. Good interpersonal skills.
Meaningful and vital work - The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters - delivering essential services that touch people's lives
A world of opportunity - Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
Great people - We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A safe and supportive culture
- The chance to make a positive difference
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Serco benefits package