We are looking for an experienced IT Systems Support Administrator to give 1st/2nd/3rd Line Support to circa 50 local IT users, including manning a help desk function with the ownership of all calls and development of solutions in conjunction with suppliers' support teams for a number of IT systems using the skills and experiences specified below.
Reporting directly to the System Design Authority, your responsibilities will include following:
Test Tool Support
- The integrity and configuration management of all Departments IT based test tools and their management workstations/laptops/VDI environments.
- Managing and applying upgrades and patches.
- Ensuring that all documentation, change proposals and ticketing information is maintained and up to date.
- Building test tool management workstations, laptops and building specified disk builds.
- Managing the backup and recovery of VDI Gold Images, Virtual Servers or file data using Veeam.
Operational Task Support
- Building test environments that may include servers, workstations, test tools and IT infrastructure in support of tasks and development.
- Provide support, advice and guidance to other staff when planning and building test environments.
- Creation of the documentation to support task baselines.
- Returning servers, workstations and infrastructure to a known build standard post-task.
- Support the Change Team in identification, research and development of appropriate technologies to support the customer requirement in the design process.
- Support the Change team in the development of design solution including High-level Design (HLD) and Low-level Design (LLD) documents, Work Breakdown Structures, and proposal and presentation to the customer.
- Support for the technical delivery and transition into service of the approved design.
Additional Support Activities
- When required to do so, provide IT administration support to other Clients supported IT networks and systems, which may be at sites that are remote from the client site.
- When required by the Service Operations Manager, manage operational or internal tasks in accordance with current task procedures.
Skills and Experience Required
A minimum of 5 years as system administrator and knowledge and experience of the following:
- Cisco switches, routers, wireless access points and LAN controllers
- Cisco ASA Firewall installation, build and configuration.
- EPO Server installation, management and client deployment.
- Microsoft Operating Systems, including Windows 10 and Server 2019.
- SQL Server 2017 and 2019.
- VMware VSphere 7.0.
- VMware Horizon v7.0 and 8.0.
- System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Microsoft Certificate Services.
- SAN, Servers and Laptops, specifically iSCSI using Dell and Dell EMC hardware.
- Microsoft Exchange 2016 onwards.
Guidant Global (Airbus) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.