Daniel Owen are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Manager to work for a Commercial client based in Liverpool Street, City of London.
Maintenance Manager- Facilities Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: EC2M 3YD
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000 per annum
The Maintenance Manager ensures health, sanitation and safety conditionsare always met, as well as ensuring building and equipment maintenance is up to date. The Maintenance Manager leads and implements partnerships with external contractors. Ensuring the premises are a safe and compliant workplace and guest environment.
Key Responsibilities of a Maintenance Manager:
- Uses expertise in various areas of maintenance to proactively manage and fix maintenance problems as they arise.
- Oversees the Maintenance Specialist - trains, manages, motivates, coaches, develops and disciplines as necessary with support of the HR team.
- Maintains accurate records of the conditions of all facilities in the building and creates a schedule of regular maintenance and cleanliness for the store.
- Handles weekly administrative duties
- Direct responsibility to interact with the 'Bishopsgate 135' Property Manager and local authorities, to coordinate all the maintenance activities and work.
- Responsible for the maintenance budget in coordination with the Operations Manager.
- Ensures efficiency and good working conditions of multiple 24-hour facilities, including but not limited to: walk-ins, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, cleaning services and off-site storage.
- Guarantees exceptionally clean and sanitary conditions in accordance with all UK compliance and regulations as well as brand standards.
- Responsible for waste disposal within the store in line with the 'Green' policy.
- Additional responsibilities in absence of line manager or senior employee.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Requirements/Qualifications for a Maintenance Manager:
- A deep understanding of UK compliance laws and regulations regarding building management.
- Appropriate qualifications such as: Fire Marshall, First Aid, Manual Handling, IOSH, IPAF, PASMA etc.
- Experience within the hospitality or retail sector.
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule sometimes including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for 8 hours in length, including standing, walking, bending and squatting.
- Ability to work well as part of a team with people management skills.
- Strong relationship building skills with both internal and external teams.
- Strong organisational skills plus the ability to 'think on your feet' and problem solve
- Fluent in the English language both written and spoken.
- Right to work in the UK
- 28 days holiday allowance + bank holiday allowance + 1 day extra for every 1 year of service up to 6 extra days
- Pension - 5% employer top up when employee pays in 3%
- Life assurance - 4 x salary
- Competitive flexible benefits offering
- Free food on shift
- Various discounts in bars and restaurants on site
If you are interested, or would like to know more regarding the position, please contact the Daniel Owen Facilities Management team today.