One of the world's largest aircraft manufacturers, Airbus, are looking for various Manufacturing Engineers across a range of specialisms and sub-sectors. These highly sought-after positions are available on a long-term contingent workers basis, working onsite at Airbus either in Filton (Bristol) or Broughton (close to Chester).
Being based in Filton and Broughton, you will play a crucial role in supporting the manufacturing of Airbus's commercial wings.
What you can expect to do
Act as the main technical manufacturing interface for a Product Line or Integrated Project Team, ensuring alignment of all make item designs with the manufacturing capability to meet quality, cost and schedule requirements, including:
· Implement Product Line Manufacturing strategy
· Deliver manufacturing engineering inputs (work instructions, routings, cost models) in line with processes
· Identify operational performance, technical risks or limitations preventing successful project completion
· Provide manufacturing technical support to problem solving activities
· Deliver continuous improvement activities to enhance manufacturing capabilities
What we look for
· Knowledge of lean principles
· Application and knowledge of the current business management tools (ideally SAP)
· Ability to operate from first principles in manufacturing disciplines and activities requiring technical skills and knowledge to make daily business decisions
· Working knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering, Design and other Business Information Systems
· Experienced knowledge of aircraft production, and engineering methods and procedures
· Understanding of relationships and interactions with other Manufacturing Engineering and Business functions
· Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
· Leadership skills, and self-motivated are desirable
Sub-sectors available at Airbus
We are currently hiring across a range of subsectors including Assembly & Technologies, Automation & Metallic Technologies, Surface Treatments & Preparation, Wing Architecture, Jigs & Tools, Process Compliance, Best Practices/Business Matters, Coaching/Training and Digital Transformation.
Work at Airbus
Joining Airbus means you'll be part of a prestigious market-leading manufacturer with a proud history in aviation. Not only will you be part of a collaborative and supportive team, you'll also get to enhance your skills by working with innovative tech under an employer committed to D&I and visions of a cleaner engineering future for the industry.
Guidant Global (Airbus) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.