Hamble Aerostructures, part of the Aernnova group of companies, are a leading aerostructures organisation specialising in the design, manufacturing and services of aerostructures and components such as wings, empennages and fuselage sections.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineer Manager for Military, Legacy and RTW Assembly, the Manufacturing Engineer (ME) is responsible for all aspects of the internal manufacturing process.
The role will be focused on the sites military programs, this includes final and sub-assembly process generation/improvements, MRO/RTW (Return to Work) surveys and manufacturing process generation for complex military fuel tank and canopy assemblies, technical support of probe refuelling equipment, associated build and test processes whilst offering technical shop floor support to enable on time, on cost with improved FTY and to reduce the cost of non-quality within the value stream.
As well as a leading benefits package, a competitive salary will be offered, depending on experience. Guide of £32-43k but to be discussed on application.
- Manage own performance against agreed goals and objectives, accountable for quality, on time delivery and budget
- Facilitate all elements of manufacturing engineering such as process planning, tooling, inspection criteria/equipment, lean methodologies
- Generate internal engineering instructions to enable manufacturing and control costs/quality within the engineering team.
- Understand and liaise with customers to support both internal and external customer needs
- Support New Technology Initiatives (NTI) and equipment upgrades from purchase through to installation and commissioning. Share best practices with other Aernnova locations
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) both from a Design for Manufacture (DFM) perspective and operational performance implementation
- Support the tooling function, identify tooling needs and support tool design from concept through to final design
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis for changes to processes and/or equipment
- Ensure processes contribute to a safe working environment and meet EHS requirements. Support/lead EHS projects
- Identify and reduce product quality issues caused by process variation
- Track/drive root cause analysis and corrective actions for production issues
- Define, enable and measure process capability
- Utilise lean-manufacturing principles and participate/lead in action workouts to improve process capability, improve quality, reduce overall costs and increase capacity
- Lead/support training activities within the manufacturing environment
- Prioritisation of workload and project planning to support customer needs
- Participate/lead in local and site wide initiatives
- Understand customer needs (internal and external), identify resource requirements, resource and/or prioritise workload accordingly, including management of stakeholders.
- Undertake strategic workforce planning (SWP) & people reviews to ensure team performance, development and capability aligns with business need.
- Ensure processes contribute to a safe working environment and meet EHS requirements. Actively lead / support EHS projects and pursuits.
- Advocate for Aernnova & Hamble Aerostructures business processes & rigor whilst looking for opportunity to develop and implement improvements.
- Lead / participate in local and site wide initiatives and projects as required.
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required.
What you will get from Hamble Aerostructures
Code of Ethics expresses who Hamble Aerostructures are: A competitive and profitable company that conducts business in an ethical framework of commitment to employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, communities and institutions.
Hamble Aerostructures actively promotes environmental protection in their designs, considering the environmental impact throughout the product life cycle and through continuous improvement of its products and processes