Portsmouth, PO1 3NJ
Full Time Permanent Position
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Serco Maritime are currently recruiting for a Marine Technician to join our team as a member of the Technical Support team based in the workshop at Round Tower Complex. The purpose of the role is to assist vessel crews in maintenance when required.
Your duties will include:
- To rectify defects on any Serco vessel or any vessel under Serco management (refit).
- To carry out all tasks within their capability that are assigned by the Technical team.
- To assist Ship's Engineer in rectification of defects or routine maintenance.
- To advise Vessel Superintendent on any matter related to rectification of defects.
- Assist with Logistics, loading and unloading with Forklifts and Gantry crane systems at the Round Tower Complex and any other requirements that may arise.
- Safe & efficient use of workshop facilities in the course of duties, keeping working areas clean & tidy.
What you need to do the job
- ONC or equivalent in particular trade or Marine equivalent
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Manual Handling
- Marine industry background - Desirable
- Apprenticeship in associated trade.
- Full driving licence
What we offer
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Simply Health Plans, and more.
- Access to a huge range of discounts and exclusive deals such as Merlin Attractions, Mobile Phone discounts, Cinema discounts, Leisure, and Hospitality discounts.
- A fantastic culture and supportive team where you'll get the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- Company discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Interesting and enjoyable work.
- Committed to professional and personal development with a wide range of training and coaching opportunities to expand your capabilities.
To discover more about our careers in Defence, meet our team, and to find out more about what we offer, please follow this Link. We're also a signatory of the UK Governments Women in Defence Charter, to find out more please click here.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens, we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. As a proud Disability Confident Leader and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard, disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.