About Novartis Innovative Medicines
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. Our mission is to improve patients' lives by providing customers with innovative science and differentiated healthcare solutions delivered by diverse and engaged talent with integrity, passion and focus on performance. Our mission is brought to life by talented, performance driven people. At Novartis, creativity and diversity are encouraged, effort is recognised, success is celebrated, and people feel valued and listened to.
Supports the marketing team in managing all relevant business processes including:
- Project management /logistics support :
- Development and delivery of specific projects that will achieve overall brand objectives, such as the organisation and management of congresses
- Supporting the development and management of marketing materials
- Providing analytical support to feed into launch plans, KOL engagement plans, brand plans, sales planning, campaign tracking tools etc.
- Budget Management :
- Vendor management
- Raising purchase orders, goods receipting
- Financial reconciliations and tracking spend
- Ensure all campaigns are executed in line with Novartis compliance requirements
- Manage documents through the FUSE process and ensure compliance with relevant SOP process steps and liaising with agencies.
- Manage withdrawals of materials and/ or arranging re-certification and archiving of materials as needed.
- Customer / Contract management :
- Support with the preparation of contracts and agreements as required
- Contract management support regarding interactions with healthcare professionals, agencies and other third parties, including putting in place confidentiality agreements
- Managing processes relating to disclosure of payments to HCPs etc. as required
- Team administrative support for example:
- Co-ordination of team meetings
- Maintaining records on behalf of the team and keeping documentation for team use
- Organisation of itineraries and logistics for ongoing department/franchise activities
- Being a champion for communications- ensuring structured communications and timely responses /support for the field team (KAMs
The successful candidate will benefit from:
- Team oriented atmosphere
- Good work, life balance
- Cutting edge science
- International workforce
- Talent development from within
- Making a difference to patient's lives
We are looking for an individual who can meet the following criteria:
- Educated to degree level in Life Sciences, Business or Marketing or similar
- Experience within UK healthcare and pharmaceuticals or marketing environment is an advantage, but is not necessary
- Must have a clear motivation and ambition to gain experience in a commercial environment
- You will be able to evidence skills transferrable to the business environment (e.g., good time management) and experience of successfully working with teams through work, academic and/or extracurricular activities
- You will be able to demonstrate:
- Proactivity - working independently and under your own initiative, being solution oriented, taking responsibility, and driving projects and activities to a successful conclusion
- Analytical thinking - but also able to act quickly and decisively as needed
- Prioritisation - ability to manage multiple competing priorities to deliver on time and in budget, with good attention to detail
- Collaboration & teamwork - developing effective relationships with team and customers, gaining trust and credibility quickly. Having the confidence to work senior managers and as an effective member of a cross-functional team
- Customer focused mindset - delivering high quality projects and activities to internal and external groups with awareness and responsiveness to their needs
- Excellent communication- able to communicate complex information simply and to a wide range of professional and lay audiences, adapting wording and style to suit the audiences needs
- Has good financial acumen. Experience of managing budgets and project management experience would be an advantage
- Fluency in English - verbal and written - is required
- You will be IT savvy and with a good working knowledge of Microsoft office packages (Outlook, Excel, PPT skills and Word at Advanced Level)
Please ensure that you are willing and able to live within commutable distance of the company site before applying. This placement is based in White City in London and whilst we support hybrid working, we would expect the intern to be in the office at a minimum 3 days per week. You will need to be eligible to work in the UK.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.