Hamble Aerostructures, part of the Aernnova group of companies, are a leading aerostructures organisation specialising in the design, manufacturing and services of aerostructures and components such as wings, empennages and fuselage sections.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineer Manager for Metallics, the Materials Manufacturing Engineer (ME) is responsible for supporting the sourcing activities from a technical aspect, focusing primarily on raw materials but also covering additional items if required. The MEs role will be to support technical enablement of sourced raw materials, identifying appropriate materials including the review and identification of allowable alternatives with cost and business impact in mind. The position will also provide support to all other functions within the business to ensure the ME team achieve required deliverables whilst meeting all safety, regulatory and cost requirements
· Manage own performance against agreed goals and objectives, accountable for quality, on time delivery and budget.
· Focus on deflation (cost out) activities related to raw materials.
· Review of allowable raw materials, reviewing technical data sets for approved alternatives.
· Generate internal engineering instructions to enable manufacturing and control costs/quality within the engineering team.
· Understand and liaise with customers to support both internal and external customer needs.
· Support New Product Introduction (NPI) from a materials enablement standpoint.
· Conduct cost/benefit analysis for changes to processes and materials used.
· Ensure processes contribute to a safe working environment and meet EHS requirements. Support/lead EHS projects
· Identify and reduce product quality issues caused by process variation.
· Track/drive root cause analysis and corrective actions for production issues related to raw materials.
Prioritisation of workload and project planning to support customer needs.
- Degree/HNC in Engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience.
· Good leadership skills including coaching and team engagement.
- Detailed knowledge of metallics materials and associated industry standards.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, including stakeholder management.
- Ability to manage multiple complex assignments/priorities and achieve results.
- Strong organisational skills with a high attention to detail
- Highly effective problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Project management skills.
- Positive approach to challenging situations.
- Six Sigma Green Belt trained and certified.
- Experience in a metallics manufacturing environment.
- Experience in sourcing processes and procedures.
- Experience in supplier quality.
- Prepared to travel within the UK and overseas to meet the customer and/or our suppliers.
- Prepared to work on shift if required.
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required
What you will get from Hamble Aerostructures
Code of Ethics expresses who Hamble Aerostructures are: A competitive and profitable company that conducts business in an ethical framework of commitment to employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, communities and institutions.
Hamble Aerostructures actively promotes environmental protection in their designs, considering the environmental impact throughout the product life cycle and through continuous improvement of its products and processes
Benefits of working for Hamble Aerostructures include:
· 26-days holiday as standard (plus the ability to buy/sell holiday)
· 10% employer pension contribution
· Life cover
· Private medical health care (after 2-years of service)
· Discounted Costco membership
· Onsite parking
· Onsite gym and restaurant