Hamble Aerostructures, part of the Aernnova group of companies, are a leading aerostructures organisation specialising in the design, manufacturing and services of aerostructures and components such as wings, empennages and fuselage sections.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineer Manager for Metallics, the Manufacturing Engineer (ME) is responsible for all aspects of the internal manufacturing process. The position will also provide support to all other functions within the business to ensure the ME team achieve required deliverables whilst meeting all safety, regulatory and cost requirements.
· Manage own performance against agreed goals and objectives, accountable for quality, on time delivery and budget
· Facilitate all elements of manufacturing engineering such as process planning, tooling, inspection criteria/equipment, lean methodologies
· Generate internal engineering instructions to enable manufacturing and control costs/quality within the engineering team.
· Understand and liaise with customers to support both internal and external customer needs
· Support New Technology Initiatives (NTI) and equipment upgrades from purchase through to installation and commissioning. Share best practices with other Aernnova locations
· Support New Product Introduction (NPI) both from a Design for Manufacture (DFM) perspective and operational performance implementation
· Support the tooling function, identify tooling needs and support tool design from concept through to final design
· Conduct cost/benefit analysis for changes to processes and/or equipment
· Ensure processes contribute to a safe working environment and meet EHS requirements. Support/lead EHS projects
· Identify and reduce product quality issues caused by process variation
· Track/drive root cause analysis and corrective actions for production issues
· Define, enable and measure process capability
· Utilise lean-manufacturing principles and participate/lead in action workouts to improve process capability, improve quality, reduce overall costs and increase capacity
· Lead/support training activities within the manufacturing environment
· Prioritisation of workload and project planning to support customer needs
Participate/lead in local and site wide initiatives
- Degree/HNC in Engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience
· Good leadership skills including coaching and team engagement
- Detailed knowledge of metallics manufacturing processes (sheet metal or machining).
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, including stakeholder management.
- Ability to manage multiple complex assignments/priorities and achieve results.
- Strong organisational skills with a high attention to detail
- Highly effective problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Project management skills.
- Positive approach to challenging situations.
- Six Sigma Green Belt trained and certified.
- Experience in a metallics manufacturing environment.
- Prepared to travel within the UK and overseas to meet the customer and/or our suppliers.
- Prepared to work on shift if required.
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required
What you will get from Hamble Aerostructures
Code of Ethics expresses who Hamble Aerostructures are: A competitive and profitable company that conducts business in an ethical framework of commitment to employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, communities and institutions.
Hamble Aerostructures actively promotes environmental protection in their designs, considering the environmental impact throughout the product life cycle and through continuous improvement of its products and processes
Benefits of working for Hamble Aerostructures include:
· 26-days holiday as standard (plus the ability to buy/sell holiday)
· 10% employer pension contribution
· Life cover
· Private medical health care (after 2-years of service)
· Discounted Costco membership
· Onsite parking
· Onsite gym and restaurant