Act as the mechanical design authority for assigned products and assist in the development of hardware, system design, post design support and product/project documentation in accordance with development lifecycle process. To produce and maintain full CAD models and detailed design drawings for each product in accordance with Design Control Procedures.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
* Responsible for the mechanical design and development of electronic instrumentation for challenging environmental conditions within Naval, Marine, Aviation or general Defence applications.
* To assist in the product lifecycle of development opportunities from capture of customer or market requirements through to final design review and certification within the given targets of timescale, cost and scope.
* To produce required technical deliverables for assigned customer delivery projects reporting to the project manager or engineering team lead.
* To ensure technology is designed in accordance with design control procedures, local and international regulations and directives, harmonized and/or military standards and above all safe with minimal environmental impact.
* Undertake and peer review detailed mechanical analysis of designs for feasibility of construction, tolerancing, materials, stress, shock, vibration, ingress protection, thermal dynamics, environmental impact and reliability, checking that all safety factors have been incorporated and that the design is in accordance with relevant standards and best practice.
* Produce verification, validation and qualification test plans in accordance with Military, Defence and CE qualification standards.
* To produce detailed and accurate Bills of Material, 3D CAD models, detailed design drawings and associated assembly and installation drawings to support the lifecycle development.
* Administer effective and accurate engineering change control in accordance with Design Control Procedures and ECN system.
* Be customer centric, ensuring every decision made adds real value for our direct customers and end users.
* To liaise in a professional manner with customers, suppliers and sub-contractors when necessary to establish technical requirements or provide technical support.
* Act as the mechanical design authority for designated products owning all aspects of CE compliance and produce the necessary documentation to support CE marking activities, where applicable.
* Undertake root cause analysis and countermeasures activities to implement robust solutions to in-service non-conformities.
* Take ownership of your own continual professional development and highlight key professional development opportunities to ensure grows alongside its talent pool.
* To prepare technical documentation in accordance with procedures, contract requirements and local and international legislation.
* To maintain a solid awareness of current and advancing technological developments within the industry to ensure we are centered at the forefront of our markets.
* To work within multi-disciplined project teams across Group and our customer base in connection with the above duties and responsibilities.
* Willing to travel nationally and internationally to provide occasional support for customer meetings, qualification testing, system functional testing etc.
* To represent the company when meeting customers and suppliers in a presentable, informed and courteous manner whilst projecting our core values.
* To work additional hours on occasion to meet specific project deadlines.
* Undertake other tasks as identified by the business, which are generally in line with the interests and overall development of the Company as a whole.
* Ensure the safety of products where designated as design authority, including all aspects of CE compliance.