|Job Title: Mechanical Engineer||Status: Permanent|
|Department: Switch Mobility||Location: Sherburn|
|Date Prepared: April 2021||Reporting To: Principal Engineer|
|JOB PURPOSE|| |
|To be responsible for the design and development of driveline systems for bus and light commercial vehicle applications.|
|ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES |
- Research, design and develop driveline systems for commercial vehicle application, including axles, powerpacks, gearboxes, steering, suspension, brakes, pneumatics, and hydraulics.
- Support the application and integration of driveline systems into vehicle from concept to production release.
- Support driveline engineering tasks for new and existing product.
- Provide technical guidance for other engineering and manufacturing business functions.
- Perform engineering calculations and simulations for design and validation.
- Support supplier liaison activities for engineering and manufacturing definition.
- Support the delivery of driveline projects to meet programme targets of quality, function, cost, weight, and time.
- Provide technical support for root cause analysis of development issues.
- Create and present concise technical reports and presentations for informed decision making.
- Co-ordinate, lead and participate in design reviews.
|ESSENTIAL/DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDING REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS|
- Degree level education in an engineering field, e.g. Automotive or Mechanical Engineering.
- 2 years+ post graduate experience in commercial or passenger vehicle driveline engineering.
- CAD experience in 3D and drawing creation and modification (Solidworks, Catia Preferred).
- Able to work autonomously.
- Able to work from the manufacturing premises and remotely when required.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office products, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Self-starter with high motivation
- Provide balanced solutions for clear decision making.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with all engineering functions.
- Proficiency in generating and presenting technical material in a concise manner to suit the audience.